Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

would you rather finish last and get a yakupov or win a president trophy and lose in first round?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

#91 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

So... Would I rather watch the Oilers or the Canucks?

Canucks.

#92 NucksBruins

NucksBruins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

If NHL 12 has taught me anything, it is that I can win the Cup, trade everyone for the top draft picks and then sign all of the free agents. This is why people on CDC are so impatient. If it works on the PS3, it has to work in life. My answer is both.
Posted Image

#93 Layes98

Layes98

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

id rather win the presidents and lose early playoffs than be the joke of the league like the oilers and have all your fans embarressed to cheer for you....just my 2 cents making playoffs is always better then golfing while other teams play the real hockey of the year..GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#94 **Pavel4Life**

**Pavel4Life**

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

I really hope there isn't a lockout.

I can't fathom any more extra time topics like this than we have to.

Answer: Making the playoffs gives you some sort of chance to win a cup. That is the goal, not tanking a season and getting a skunker draft pick.

If we won game seven against Boston this thread would not exist.

Damn.
CFOO SIG FTW!

QUOTE (bugmo @ Jul 23 2009, 12:09 AM) And you are an idiot who can't see things for the way they are. It's people like you who make it seem okay for the canucks to have a non playoff making team every year. Gillis supporter go jump off the Patullo.

This was said to me and it makes me laugh everytime I read it.

#95 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

Would you rather finish last and get a Yakupov type player or finish first,win presidents trophy and get knocked out in first round?Post thoughts below

Our team would have to take to the ice blind folded to finish last so there is no way on earth that could happen.
Kevin.jpg

#96 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:20 AM

No team should be able to get more than one No 1 draft pick in any 5 years.
It is a scandal that the Oilers have achieved it 3 years in a row. It is an abuse of the system.
Kevin.jpg

#97 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

I go back a little further than that but, in all aspects of you're meaning.... Boooooyah!

I've been a fan since I was 8 years old in '84. I had a Tanti jersey. :towel:

#98 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

Lol at people saying they'd rather keep their pride.
brb winning President's Trophy
brb being the best team in the NHL
brb "best team" losing in first round...... :huh:
........................................^What?

Haha I would probably choose to #failfornail if I knew you would only play for like 1-2 weeks more than all of the eliminated teams.
Posted Image

#99 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,254 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

We are not Oiler fans.

Also of course in hindsight I rather have the 1st pick then the 26th pick, after losing int he 1st round, but theres no way of seeing this, or knowing what will happen in the season. Again we are not the Oilers, or oiler fans.

I take keeping a competitive team.

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#100 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Would you rather finish last and get a Yakupov type player or finish first,win presidents trophy and get knocked out in first round?Post thoughts below

I would always prefer the team ices the best possible team with highest compete level. I would rather the Canucks never win a cup but remain competitive than tank in the standings for 1 overall picks. As dangerous as the Oilers could be one of these years; I would prefer not to sit around and have to watch the Canucks play sub .500 hockey. So painful!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#101 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Utter crap. And an utter crap objective: "finish last"!

You want to win every game, every period, every shift, every faceoff, every puck battle, every fight; whatever troll, I guess you just reeled me in too.

I take it you have not actually played the game.

I imagine you now, sneaking onto the ice with your Patrick Kane cape and glasses, "C'mon guys, let's lose!"

that really offends me.I always try my hardest and so should evreyone.I just suggested a intresting discution material to see all the opinions.
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#102 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

How many bandwagoners drop off because of the one "failed" year?....

im just suggesting a scenario i was seeking opinion not ranting like we suck :picard:
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.