The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What ever happened to Jeff Tambellini?

Tom Sestito

I actually liked him, and I agree with the OP. He can skate. Good hockey sense. Good attitude. Local product.

It's surprising that he's had to continue his hockey career in Switzerland, especially at his relatively young age and 1st round pedigree. His problem, though, is similar to Brule's; small-ish guys who haven't yet demonstrated an ability to consistently produce offensively in the NHL. Even though guys like these may be better suited to a 3rd line role, GMs have this dumb obsession with size, which is why guys like these (Kyle Wellwood, too) have to fight for a new contract each year.

I'd like to see him back in the NHL. He's certainly good enough to be in the league.

I actually liked him, and I agree with the OP. He can skate. Good hockey sense. Good attitude. Local product.

It's surprising that he's had to continue his hockey career in Switzerland, especially at his relatively young age and 1st round pedigree. His problem, though, is similar to Brule's; small-ish guys who haven't yet demonstrated an ability to consistently produce offensively in the NHL. Even though guys like these may be better suited to a 3rd line role, GMs have this dumb obsession with size, which is why guys like these (Kyle Wellwood, too) have to fight for a new contract each year.

I'd like to see him back in the NHL. He's certainly good enough to be in the league.

Archived