The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Track] Anyone have any Sprinting Advice?

Zoolander

Title says it all, I'm looking to improve my 100m time (PB is 12.14s) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips/drills that could help me out.

Thanks in Advance,

P.S~Wasn't sure what forum to put this in, but since it is a Sport, I decided on this one. Sorry if I was mistaken :)

Ya definitely plyo. Get those calves in shape and speed will come no problem. Get rid of any excess mass or body fat that would weigh you down, that might mean cutting upper body muscle. Depends on how dedicated you are.

Oh and cardio for sure, do stamina runs with 1 minute bouts of sprinting. Yoga of course, builds central strength while adding amazing cardio.

Everything considered, 4 days a week until you get closer to track meets then upgrade to 6. That's my input anyway.

Cut yourself down until you're a twig like 99% of those guys in the Olympics.

Are you aspiring to reach a goal like that or something? I would assume so. Similar to those people that say they run 10k a day. Seems like a big fat waste of time and effort unless you actually have some sort of long term goal in mind.

Cut yourself down until you're a twig like 99% of those guys in the Olympics.

Are you aspiring to reach a goal like that or something? I would assume so. Similar to those people that say they run 10k a day. Seems like a big fat waste of time and effort unless you actually have some sort of long term goal in mind.

In terms of strength training, you can hit the gym and do exercises like squat and deadlift. Those will significantly help with sprinting. (personal experience). Make sure your body is balanced though, so don't completely forego the upper body.

When accelerating from stand-still, keep your body as aerodynamic as possible (don't stand straight up right after launch). Keep as low as possible.

Don't run with your fist. Run with your hands open and stab forward with them (and not diagonally).

That's all i got.

Archived