The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Breaking] - Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting; 7 dead.

Sharpshooter

Neighbourhood in Cudahy, Wisconsin is being evacuated in connection to the terrorist incident at the temple.

ATF, FBI and local law enforcement officials are on scene.

Residents are being told to leave and that remaining is not an option.

Some info on the 3 men in hospital currently.

All three men are in critical condition. 2 have undergone surgery, 1 is having a "complex procedure" at this time

One injured had shots to the chest and abdomen

Second had shots to the extremities and face

Third had gunshot wounds to the neck

Westboro Baptist Church Responds To Shooting In Predictably Horrific Manner

Just minutes after it was reported that people had been shot at a Sikh Temple in Wisconsin, the hatemongers at Westboro Baptist Church were tweeting out: 'God Sent Another Shooter.'

Couple of points I will make.

1) This shooting is very tragic. As someone who grew up in a very religious Sikh family and used to go to the Gurdwara every Sunday this shooting really touches my hurt

2) For anyone who wants to say this shooting was based on racism or religious hatred, it is way to early to tell. Wait for the next couple of days as we find out more about this moron who committed the shooting. The last thing we need is people upset about there being racial play if there is not.

3) I know the Republicans are going to be all on this and so are a lot of people but shootings in the states are not a pandemic. It is tragic that the Colorado Massacre occurred and that the Sikh Temple shootings occured but I really hope people do not overreact and treat this as an epidemic. The last thing we need in the USA/to a lesser degree Canada is people scared when they doi not need to be.

4)If anything, this shooting speaks to the need for strict gun laws in the states. Shootings are not a problem in the states because they rarely occur but the frightening part is when the person who is involved in the act is your average joe or someone who shouldnt have had a gun in the first place.

Archived