Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Breaking] - Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting; 7 dead.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
164 replies to this topic

#1 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Multiple Injuries, One Policeman shot, One Gunman 'down'.

Posted Image

Several people have been shot after a gunman opened fire on the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, Patch reported.

The incident occurred on Sunday morning in Oak Creek.

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, witnesses say that as many as 30 people may have been shot.
The AP confirms the incident.

Witnesses told WTMJ that the suspect oped fire inside the temple. Police have not released any information about the suspected shooter and no deaths have been confirmed by authorities.

According to Patch, police scanner reports indicated that the suspect may still be at large.

WISN reports that there are still people inside the temple in what may be a hostage situation. A witness told the Journal-Sentinelsome of the reported hostages may be children.

This is a developing story...

Watch Live News Feed here: http://livewire.wisn...Temple_Shooting

Edited by Sharpshooter, 05 August 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#2 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

"According to the Journal Sentinel, one of the temple’s committee members said the motive for the shooting is unknown, but identified one shooter as a white male who is not a member of the temple, and suggested it may have been “a hate crime.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/shooting-at-wisconsin-sikh-temple-multiple-people-hurt-police/article4464024/

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#3 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

yikes another shooting just after TDKR about two weeks ago.......hope this can be resolve quickly

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#4 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

I really, really hope this isn't religion-motivated. My thoughts go out to the injureds' families.

#5 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts

Pretty harsh to attack a religious building.

Edited by A1 CANUCK, 05 August 2012 - 11:26 AM.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#6 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Gunman holding hostages at Sikh temple of Wisconsin: witnesses

http://news.national...ice-dispatcher/

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#7 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Well if there are in fact multiple shooters it should be an interesting case.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#8 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

I really, really hope this isn't religion-motivated. My thoughts go out to the injureds' families.

As much as I openly despise religion..I agree with you..it's one thing to harshly criticize and attempt to tear down the belief itself...it's quite another to heartlessly and violently extinguish the lives of the believers directly. This sounds like a very disturbing situation.
Posted Image

#9 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

I've read that the shooter has been "put down".

http://news.ca.msn.c...sin-sikh-temple

Police in Oak Creek, Wisc., outside Milwaukee, say they're trying to determine if there was more than one gunman who opened fire inside a Sikh temple today, injuring many.
Officials say an officer was shot multiple times after he confronted the shooter and is in hospital. He is expected to survive.The gunman was shot and "put down," but police are still trying to secure the building. Dozens of people are reportedly inside hiding.
"This is an ongoing and fluid situation" said the police official, who pleaded with the media not to show images of police activity as they check out the building.
Lee Biblo, chief medical officer of Froedtert Hospital, told CNN that it has received three male patients and is on standby for more patients as needed. Froedtert is the main trauma centre in the community located about 18 kilometres south of Milwaukee.
Biblo said the three are all adults; two were shot in the face and one in the abdomen. They are all in critical condition
WISN television is showing live video from the scene with many police cars and ambulances at the temple's parking lot. Reports say people inside the temple are calling and sending short text messages to people outside.
Police are asking people not to call anyone inside the temple should individuals be trying to hide from the gunman.
Sukhwindar Nagr says he called his brother-in-law's phone and a priest at the temple answered. Nagr says the priest told him that his brother-in-law had been shot, along with three priests.
Nagr says the priest also said women and children were hiding in closets at the temple.
Oak Creek Police Department says the shooting took place at about 10:40 a.m. local time..
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting that multiple people, as many as 20, have been injured.
It's also reporting that a police SWAT team entered the building before noon and took uninjured people out of the temple.
With files from The Associated Press

Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#10 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

According to someone on the scene, children are being held hostage in the Temple basement and 3 priests have been killed, one an invited guest from India.

FBI and local law enforcement are on scene.

Police tactical teams in stand-off with hostage takers going on currently.

Shooters described as Caucasian, and described as well coordinated attack.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#11 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

What are the chances shooters confused the Sikh temple with a mosque..

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#12 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

What the hell.

Horrible. :sadno:

Edited by Super19, 05 August 2012 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Image

#13 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

7 ppl dead including a gunman. wow...

Posted Image

#14 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,017 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

I just heard this too. Who could possibly do such thing like this? :sadno:

CNN is reporting 4 dead inside and 3 dead outside.

307mg00.jpg

#15 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

Could very well be it, I remember after 9/11, Sikhs got killed by people 'hunting' Muslims.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#16 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Reports say it was a well coordinated attack, so highly unlikely as this seemed planned. Scumbags.
Posted Image

#17 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Could very well be it, I remember after 9/11, Sikhs got killed by people 'hunting' Muslims.

According to the live news feed, there was a 'special guest' from India that came over.

Maybe a coincidence.

#18 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Considering there are very few Americans who actually know the difference this is probably very likely.
Posted Image

#19 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

7 ppl dead including a gunman. wow...

4 inside the temple, 3 outside, including a gunman outside.

#20 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Local police scanner

Ongoing updates and timeline

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#21 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,017 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

They don't believe there is a 2nd shooter at Sikh temple.

307mg00.jpg

#22 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

They don't believe there is a 2nd shooter at Sikh temple.

It's unconfirmed how many there are.

#23 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,575 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

yikes another shooting just after TDKR about two weeks ago.......hope this can be resolve quickly

In the case of the TDKR shooting the motive was not religious. It was simply a delusional person acting out his fantasy.

When shootings happen as a result of racial, sexual, political, etc preferences it is such a step back for the world as a whole.

Best wishes to all the victims and their families
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#24 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Could be like the last shooting where there were multiple shooters reported but just ended up being one lunatic.

Edited by Special Ed, 05 August 2012 - 12:02 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#25 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

In the case of the TDKR shooting the motive was not religious. It was simply a delusional person acting out his fantasy.

When shootings happen as a result of racial, sexual, political, etc preferences it is such a step back for the world as a whole.

It is a step back for the world as a whole regardless of the 'delusional' motive because of a person's relative ease in purchasing or acquiring a firearm and using it on others.

#26 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Could be like the last shooting where there were multiple shooters reported but just ended up being one lunatic.

Well with media companies, it's better to blow up the situation and say multiple shooters, just to be safe, rather than report one shooter and actually have multiple shooters.

There's also no real way to know how many shooters there actually were. For all we know, one of them could be one of the priests.

#27 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Well with media companies, it's better to blow up the situation and say multiple shooters, just to be safe, rather than report one shooter and actually have multiple shooters.

There's also no real way to know how many shooters there actually were. For all we know, one of them could be one of the priests.

The reports of multiple shooters were being made by people in the temple as they phoned in. The problem isn't the media, it was the reports coming into police and family members by those inside, being made to look like as if there were multiple shooters, probably based on multiple reports by multiple victims in different locations of the temple.

And it wasn't one of them, the shooter was described as a Caucasian man.

#28 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

3 men in hospital.....1 in surgery and 2 in critical condition.

#29 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

crap, that's terrible. The sad thing is, that the more mass shootings there are, the more it inspires others to follow in their footsteps.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

The reports of multiple shooters were being made by people in the temple as they phoned in. The problem isn't the media, it was the reports coming into police and family members by those inside, being made to look like as if there were multiple shooters, probably based on multiple reports by multiple victims in different locations of the temple.

I know. I was reading the feeds and the reports. I know it was JUST a caucasian man.

But what I was saying was that it is natural for (both the media and the people involved) to assume there is more than one shooter, especially in a state of panic. Also, this is convenient for media companies since it could potentially be a 'bigger story'. I'm saying.. for all we know, there very well COULD be multiple shooters (it appears that there's only one now and people are being rescued) and one of them could be a rogue priest for ALL WE KNOW.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.