The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Breaking] - Wisconsin Sikh Temple Shooting; 7 dead.

Sharpshooter

yikes another shooting just after TDKR about two weeks ago.......hope this can be resolve quickly

In the case of the TDKR shooting the motive was not religious. It was simply a delusional person acting out his fantasy.

When shootings happen as a result of racial, sexual, political, etc preferences it is such a step back for the world as a whole.

Best wishes to all the victims and their families

In the case of the TDKR shooting the motive was not religious. It was simply a delusional person acting out his fantasy.

When shootings happen as a result of racial, sexual, political, etc preferences it is such a step back for the world as a whole.

Best wishes to all the victims and their families

Well with media companies, it's better to blow up the situation and say multiple shooters, just to be safe, rather than report one shooter and actually have multiple shooters.

There's also no real way to know how many shooters there actually were. For all we know, one of them could be one of the priests.

The reports of multiple shooters were being made by people in the temple as they phoned in. The problem isn't the media, it was the reports coming into police and family members by those inside, being made to look like as if there were multiple shooters, probably based on multiple reports by multiple victims in different locations of the temple.

And it wasn't one of them, the shooter was described as a Caucasian man.

Well with media companies, it's better to blow up the situation and say multiple shooters, just to be safe, rather than report one shooter and actually have multiple shooters.

There's also no real way to know how many shooters there actually were. For all we know, one of them could be one of the priests.

I know. I was reading the feeds and the reports. I know it was JUST a caucasian man.

But what I was saying was that it is natural for (both the media and the people involved) to assume there is more than one shooter, especially in a state of panic. Also, this is convenient for media companies since it could potentially be a 'bigger story'. I'm saying.. for all we know, there very well COULD be multiple shooters (it appears that there's only one now and people are being rescued) and one of them could be a rogue priest for ALL WE KNOW.

And it's for this reason alone that I think the TDKR shooting being alluded to in the thread is relevant, regardless of what the motive was...seeing these mass shootings in the media turns a switch on in anyone's brain who was considering doing anything similar, and the more the media covers, the more chance there is of yet another.

And it's for this reason alone that I think the TDKR shooting being alluded to in the thread is relevant, regardless of what the motive was...seeing these mass shootings in the media turns a switch on in anyone's brain who was considering doing anything similar, and the more the media covers, the more chance there is of yet another.

Again, what we know is that the shooter is Caucasian.....he is obviously NOT a priest there, since the priests are known by the congregation there, and 3 are reported as being shot and dead inside. The shooter was described as Caucasian by people who were there as they've relayed the information to people on the outside. The media, especially the Wisconsin media have been doing a great job in being cautious with their words and their footage.

Archived