The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Doan playing with the Sedins?

Showtime29

So, I was reading on twitter and other places that he was told he would play with the Sedins. He is looking like he is not going back to PHX.

Who would be the odd man out? Most of you are going to say Raymond right away and I agree.

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Booth-Kes/Schroeder- Burrows

Hansen-Laps-Kassian

Volpatti- Malhotra- Pinizzotto

So Higgins and Raymond are both odd man out.

Kassian doesn't derserve the 4th line. He needs to grow, that wont happen by being a 4th liner.

I would go with something like

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kes/Schroeder - Kassian/Burrows

Burrows/Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Higgins - Malhotra/Ebbett - Weise/Pinizotto

This gives us 2 legitimate scoring lines, a deadly 3rd checking line that could easily rack up points if they find chemistry, and on of the best 4th lines in the league.

It also spreads out our depth through every line, which would mean more ice time for the bottom 6.

Do none of you know what positions our players play in? Its so frustrating watching people put together lines that make NO sense and have our players in all the wrong spots...

Sedin Sedin Doan

Booth Kesler Kassian

Burrows Malhotra hansen

Higgins Lapierre Pinizzotto

That is probably as close to a perfect lineup we could field if we signed doan, the only REAL question mark here is malhotra at 3rd C, Burrows can play a lesser role and be quite effective, it gives our bottom 6 some real scoring potential and would allow us to run 4 lines in every game confidently. Kassian is on the 2nd line because GMMG said directly from his own mouth that if kassian continues on his path hes taking this summer and works hard in training camp that we will see him on the 2nd line.

And before a bunch of people reply telling me that burrows plays with the sedins on the right side, his natural position is left wing, and Im not sure if you knew this but burrows is the #1 scorer when scoring off his backhand because hes on his off wing..

Do none of you know what positions our players play in? Its so frustrating watching people put together lines that make NO sense and have our players in all the wrong spots...

Sedin Sedin Doan

Booth Kesler Kassian

Burrows Malhotra hansen

That is probably as close to a perfect lineup we could field if we signed doan, the only REAL question mark here is malhotra at 3rd C, Burrows can play a lesser role and be quite effective, it gives our bottom 6 some real scoring potential and would allow us to run 4 lines in every game confidently. Kassian is on the 2nd line because GMMG said directly from his own mouth that if kassian continues on his path hes taking this summer and works hard in training camp that we will see him on the 2nd line.

And before a bunch of people reply telling me that burrows plays with the sedins on the right side, his natural position is left wing, and Im not sure if you knew this but burrows is the #1 scorer when scoring off his backhand because hes on his off wing..

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - A. Burrows

D. Booth - R. Kesler - S. Doan

C. Higgins - M. Lapierre - J. Hansen

M. Raymond - M. Malhotra - Z. Kassian

or

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - S. Doan

D. Booth - R. Kesler - Z. Kassian

A. Burrows - C. Higgins - J. Hansen

M. Raymond - M. Malhotra - M. Lapierre

or

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - S. Doan

C. Higgins - R. Kesler - D. Booth

A. Burrows - M. Lapierre - J. Hansen

M. Raymond - M. Malhotra - Z. Kassian

you honestly think that they would play volpatti and pinnizzotto over higgins?? take off a guy who is a great point producer for two fourth liners...don't get me wrong, i love volpatti...i think that he is a great player and would like to see him play more games this year, but i do not think that either him, or especially pinnizzotto, should be playing over higgins...line up WOULD look more like this IF we were to get Doan (which i think is highly unlikely by the way)

sedin - sedin - doan

burrows - kesler- booth

hansen - malhotra - higgins

kassian - lapierre - volpatti

hansen and higgins play so well together and make for solid wingers and manny could have a decent comeback year if he's playing with them...then you have three big, tough, checking guys on the fourth line who aren't afraid to drop the gloves and stick up for a team-mate while also adding a little bit of offense...keep kassian on the fourth line until you start seeing some point production out of him and then move him up in the line-up but until he shows some progression and some more consistent play, keep him on that fourth line...people seem to want him to play a lot of minutes and move way up in the line-up, but watching him play with us last year, i saw that he has a lot of potential (like what we saw in the first couple of games with him), but then he kind of disappeared and was a huge liability defensively...he gave up more turn-overs than anyone else when he was playing...i am not saying that he doesn't have potential, because i think that he does, but i do not think we should give him a spot in the line-up...make him work for it and earn it like everybody else has.

Sedin Sedin Doan

Booth Kesler Kassian

Burrows Malhotra hansen

Archived