The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hangover Cure

Noheart

I couldn't search to see if this topic exists already on this god foresaken iphone! if it does hit me with a link

I am Hungover to the max, it's +35 outside and I'm laying in my camper staring at the ceiling thinking about how much of a douchebag I was last night.

Please help me now!

I couldn't search to see if this topic exists already on this god foresaken iphone! if it does hit me with a link

I am Hungover to the max, it's +35 outside and I'm laying in my camper staring at the ceiling thinking about how much of a douchebag I was last night.

Please help me now!

With headaches, I've found the following works for me:

1. It's most likely due to dehydration. You'll need to get some Gatorade/Powerade in you ASAP. If you don't have that, water with a pinch of salt/sugar somewhat works.

2. I've heard aspirin works as well, but I'm not big on pills myself

3. I was told alchseltzer tastes awful, but also helps

4. Next time, try to drink in before you goto sleep, this should help stave off the dehydration

5. Drinking more alcohol is probably the furthest from your mind, but having ginger ale/rye on the rocks also helps take the edge off

At this point there's not much you can do other than lie down, haha.

Like others have noted, most of your hangover symptoms are actually caused by dehydration. Gatorade or any other kind of sports drink would be best.

The trick to not getting hungover is to drink a ton of gatorade the night before you go to bed. Obviously sometimes when you're that drunk it's hard to remember or even down any more liquid, but believe me, you'll feel so much better the next day.

Yeah, a little more alcohol right now will definitely help, even though it's the last though on your mind. Mix it with something that masks the flavour of the alcohol and you'll feel better. A beer is fine, or anything with ginger ale. Ginger Ale is actually made with ginger, and it'll help settle your stomach as well.

Greasy food at this point won't actually help anymore. Greasy food only works when you're actually drinking. What happens is the grease in the food slows down the movement of food from your stomach into your intestine by sending signals to your brain. Greasy food takes longer to digest, so the sphincter connecting your stomach to your intestines opens less frequently, thus slowing down the intake process.

Archived