The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hangover Cure

Noheart

Tip # 1 if drinking beer follow this; slam 2-4 liters of water before drinking(force yourself...especially if it's hot out)

Drink the occasional glass of water throughout the night and force another 2-liters into yourself right before bed

Tip# 2 when drinking hard alcohol...remember; it's most likely the mix that makes you hung over. This is what I do; 2shots of booze(jack) into a glass, 2 shots of water...fill the rest up with ice and diet soda.

I started doing this because I realized nobody would drink12-30 cans of pop in a night but they do with booze...this has brought my hangover % down by about 95%

#3 when being hung over drink half a glass of water then a gatorade(not powerade or any substitution) then drink 2-5ish liters of water throughout a 6 hour period...eat cheese or fries or fast food...chomp on ice, have a nap and a greasy hangover poop... Get some "loving", you'll be back at em champ. :lol:

Coconut water is an excellent, super hydrating alternative to water because it’s rich in electrolytes. Coconut water is especially rich in potassium and sodium, which your body requires when you drink alcohol. Coconut water also contains plenty of B vitamins to boost your metabolism and vitamin C to boost your immunity. In addition to being an anti-hangover drink, coconut water can also be consumed to get rid of a hangover naturally.

Sports drinks like Gatorade or electrolyte enhanced waters do a much better job of rehydrating than regular water, but coconut water goes one, maybe even two steps further.

Coconut water rehydrates by replacing lost fluids and minerals much quicker (curing the headache), and settles the stomach (stopping the puking). Just one cup-full of coconut water contains more electrolytes than most sports drinks.

The worst hangover I had lasted for 2 days, I was repulsed by the sight/smell of food, felt nauseous and had a constant headache. I don't drink often, but when I do, I make sure to take Tylenol and drink plenty of water before bed, and find that it really helps.

At this point, there isn't much you can do. Like previous posters, I recommend drinkings lots of water (especially since you are already dehydrated and it is really hot outside), eating a little, and getting rest. Hope you feel better!

Archived