The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you happy with the Jason Garrison signing?

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In theory I'm all for it.

I do however, always have reservations about players who sign big contracts after one good year (4.6m is a lot to get stuck with for 6yrs if he doesnt pan out)

I dont think Garrision is a one-hit wonder, but I'll feel better one I've seen him play and can convince myself he's not.

no one has ever heard or seen him play in Canucks nation...he's just a name that has been playing hockey south of the border..turns out he is from Vancouver...and my guess is...he might replace our beloved Christian Ehrhoff...only 600 thousand more than Ehrhoff was asking...

again

thank you Mike Gillis....

I was way more happy with Christian Ehrhoff....

I love this signing too!

But I would like to see Garrison play with Ballard. Then we have two lines with a big shot and a guy who can roam and create offense. It could finally get Ballard going, and we could actually take advantage of our depth. Great Balance!

Hamhuis / Bieksa > 1st draw for all key defensive match ups + PK

Edler / Tanev > 1st Draw for all key 5 on 5 offensive match ups.

Ballard / Garrison > 2knd draw for defensive match ups, 2knd draw for offensive match ups.

Hamhuis / Bieksa > 1st PK

Edler / Garrison > 1st PP

Love this signing. Our team is better offensively and defensively now. He can play a stay at home role for the most part being paired alongside Edler, and the dude is a legit finisher that makes our power play even better with the Sedins setting him up for his cannon of a shot. Plus he's faster, more durable, and hits more than Salo does.

Yes, I am. Even the year before his "breakout season" he had the best corsi rating among all NHL defencemen. Hamhuis was second. He's a solid shutdown defencemen, and with the added upside that he can score goals that just makes him so much more valuable.

Archived