The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you happy with the Jason Garrison signing?

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im super excited to Wait and see!

im not waiting because im some cynical bastid who believes him destined to fail.

im not waiting because I think that everyone on the team sould be a superstar for a hometown discount...

Im not waiting because i dont trust Gillis...

Along with that comes:

Im not excited because i know this guys will be some diamond in the rough

im not excited because hes destined to replace already proven d-men

im not excited because i expect anything from him...

Im Excited because this COULD be awesome, but im gonna wait cause it just might not work out...

At least were trying. Failure is inevitable and bad deals will happen, if we were scared of the POSSIBILITY of a bad contract, we would never trade/sign anyone... ever...

i like garrison playing with edler on the 2nd pairing BUT im not all that thrilled with the 4.6m cap hit....which makes him tide with bieksa for highest paid defenseman

if it was 4m cap hit then id be all in BUT i dont think garrison knows what kind animal he just took on.....he might be from here but that doesnt do much for you when you have a 4.6m cap hit attached to your name and you have 2 goals and we are 3 months in the season and the powerplay is in a 3 for 30 streak and you are the most scrutinized canuck in town....lets see if he regrets signing that deal

it was foolish of him to not be like "lets make it a 4m for 6yr deal instead.....i dont wanna be tide for the highest paid defenseman on a new team in a city like this"....just taking a .600k pay cut would have done him a lot of good when this teams gets in a slump

Top paid D man on the team with one good year of offensive NHL numbers to his name.

One season.

Problem is that when you play with a Brian Campbell your offensive numbers are exaggerated and even Edler is no Campbell.

He has to be solid defensively for this to work out well and by what we are told he is able and more than willing.

Big payday and long term.It is going to be interesting.

i like garrison playing with edler on the 2nd pairing BUT im not all that thrilled with the 4.6m cap hit....which makes him tide with bieksa for highest paid defenseman

if it was 4m cap hit then id be all in BUT i dont think garrison knows what kind animal he just took on.....he might be from here but that doesnt do much for you when you have a 4.6m cap hit attached to your name and you have 2 goals and we are 3 months in the season and the powerplay is in a 3 for 30 streak and you are the most scrutinized canuck in town....lets see if he regrets signing that deal

it was foolish of him to not be like "lets make it a 4m for 6yr deal instead.....i dont wanna be tide for the highest paid defenseman on a new team in a city like this"....just taking a .600k pay cut would have done him a lot of good when this teams gets in a slump

So I did a bit of research and went back to NHL Gamecenter Live and watched a few games. He really didn't play all too too much with Campbell. But it wasn't his offensive side I was worried about, as he's known for his quick slap release from the point, it was his defensive side of things that I had no idea of.

He plays real heavy, especially along the boards. He should be a good asset. Almost looks like a cheap man's version of Weber to be honest. Not bad at all.

Archived