The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you happy with the Jason Garrison signing?

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys,

So everyone knows that the Jason Garrison signing has been by far the largest off season transaction for the Canucks thus far this summer. I personally love the signing, and not only am I looking forwards to seeing him on the ice, he also seems like a great character player, whose happy to be playing for his home team.

I have some friends though that disagree with me, I can see where they come from. Garrison has less than 200 NHL games played, and he just landed a 6 year contract worth almost $30 million, after only one really offensively fruitful season, scoring 16 goals (3rd in NHL behind only Karlsson, and Weber) and 17 assists for 33 points.

But he's also just breaking into the league, entering just his fourth NHL season, and third full one

2009–10 Florida Panthers NHL 39 2 6 8 23 — — — — — 2010–11 Florida Panthers NHL 73 5 13 18 26 — — — — — 2011–12 Florida Panthers NHL 77 16 17 33 32 4 1 2 3 0 NHL totals 190 23 36 59 81 4 1 2 3 0

GP G A PTS PIM PO sts

As you can see hes constantly improving, and since he's only 27 he's probably gonna be putting up even better numbers in the future.

Both sides arguments have some solid points, what do you think?

P.S.- If this topic has already been made I apologize, I been away for a while, and couldnt find anything in a search.

[edit]

Yes of course. He's a bc boy who is gunna build on last year and become a dependable top

4 d man throughout his contract.. We needed a booming shot for the pp especially without salo. For the haters I can only say, wait and see. He's gunna impress u

Love this signing. Our team is better offensively and defensively now. He can play a stay at home role for the most part being paired alongside Edler, and the dude is a legit finisher that makes our power play even better with the Sedins setting him up for his cannon of a shot. Plus he's faster, more durable, and hits more than Salo does.

Archived