The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Boston Globe's Dupont on the Canucks

Why do you call for the mods when someone posts an article? get a life...

Now for the article at hand, the writer is clearly an idiot. The contract would be a 35+ contract and they would not add "extra" years to it to reduce the salary cap because it would be stuck on the books after doan retires. The suggested 30 million over 4 years is bull, it has been reiterated by idiots across the land and has ultimately been refuted by doans agent multiple times.

Still obsessing in Boston over what the Canucks are doing?

Shouldn't they be more concerned about replacing Thomas, Turco (and Rolston)? I heard Hasek and Theo Fleury are available...

Ridiculous concept of what a Doan contract will look like. Perhaps if Philly or Minnesota were in the running...

Anyway, meh, regurgitated rumours - pretty much old news...

I think the idea is that if Doan really did want 30 million, the Canucks would have to do it over more than 4 years in order to lower the cap hit.  Precisely because, as a 35+ year player, his cap hit would remain for the duration of the contract.  Front loading it would mean he would get most of his money, and then decide if the last few years were worth playing.

Thankfully the 30million, 4-year rumours are probably false.

Shouldn't they be more concerned about replacing Thomas, Turco (and Rolston)? I heard Hasek and Theo Fleury are available...

Ridiculous concept of what a Doan contract will look like. Perhaps if Philly or Minnesota were in the running...

Anyway, meh, regurgitated rumours - pretty much old news...

I think the idea is that if Doan really did want 30 million, the Canucks would have to do it over more than 4 years in order to lower the cap hit. Precisely because, as a 35+ year player, his cap hit would remain for the duration of the contract. Front loading it would mean he would get most of his money, and then decide if the last few years were worth playing.

Thankfully the 30million, 4-year rumours are probably false.

12.2 mill for guys that combined could rack up 200PTS. Not bad at all. Better than this Crosby, Parise, Suter type of money which is what, 9mill at least for one player?

Sedins are easily the best players for the best price in the league.

Shouldn't they be more concerned about replacing Thomas, Turco (and Rolston)?  I heard Hasek and Theo Fleury are available...

Ridiculous concept of what a Doan contract will look like.  Perhaps if Philly or Minnesota were in the running...

Anyway, meh, regurgitated rumours  - pretty much old news...

Archived