The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Do You Think Will Win The 2012-13 Calder Trophy?

Who Will Win The 2012-13 Calder Trophy?  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, it's late and I'm bored... so I thought I'd make my first topic :P

I wanted to gather a group opinion on this matter. I tried to include as many rookies I thought would have a chance on their respective teams to compete and stay healthy throughout the season - we all remember how Nuge took off with the early season lead only to lose 20 games to injury.

Feel free to suggest any other players. Note that some of these players may not even play in the NHL next year... just throwing as many options in as I could.

Edit: updated the poll with some more likely candidates. (Schultz, Dumba, Grigorenko, Stefan Matteau, Scott Laughton, Schroeder :bigblush: )

Tarasenko, I think with him taking a top 6 spot in St.Louis, a team for the most part that is offensively challenged, that he will get alot of opportunity and shine.

Minnesota has some other nice forwards and I think Granlund will always be caught behind them, and I think Yakupov just won't really have that huge breakout year for another year or maybe two max.

And I have a gut feeling it will be Tarasenko.

The guy who gets the most points will probably win. Face it, he knows how to shoot a puck in an area that the goalie can't save it. And he can pass the puck so good, that the opposing team can't intercept it and it STILL manages to hit the stick of his teammates.

Tarasenko.

The kid is insane. If he gets top 6 ice time in St. Louis, I could see him easily getting up around 60 points.

I think Granlund and Yakupov will also get around the same kind of production, but I feel Tarasenko will get the added benefit of playing with an extremely solid squad.

My dark horse would be Dougie Hamilton. He was a men against boys in the OHL, and if he gets top 4 minutes for the Bruins, he could have an extremely successful season.

Archived