The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I hope Doan was watching this

Merci

I was just watching frozen in time on NHL center, and today it was the Stanely cup winning goals of the 90's

Anyway it showed 94 when Messier guarenteed the win, and the eventual game winning goal. Showed Mclean and Linden just laying there devestated because of how close they came, one post away from OT to beat Messier and win the first cup

They didn't know it then but they never got another chance to win the cup.

I know everyone says the cup isn't a priority to a 36 year old guy with kids.

What do you think Linden would give to have another shot?

Doan wants a cup, all that matters now is if he wants to go to NY for the guarentee, or to win Vancouver it's first in franchise history. Exactly like in 94 for NY.

He knows all these details, and you'd be a fool not to think his wife's family arn't Canucks fans begging her to make him come to Van.

Van over NY in 7 for their First Stanely Cup.

Ny is not a guarantee. No one is guaranteed to win the cup because anything can happen along the way. Do they have a good chance to win? Absoultely. But the same could also be said for the Canucks. We have just a good a chance as they do. The Canucks are pretty solid from top to bottom, and can only improve with a few tweaks here and there (ie Luongo trade, Doan signing). IMO our two best player are better than anyone on the Rangers anyhow. If Doan joined the Canucks our top line would be one of the best in the league, and with some new additions via the Luongo deal we would have one of the best if not the best line up in the league.

Brad Marchand probably means absolutely nothing to Shane Doan, who is full of class. Doan probably thinks of Brad as we do, a tiny little rat faced puke. He has no respect for Brown either, remeber the knee on Roszival? And the Keith play , dirty as hell, he was suspended 5 games.

You were saying?

This.

People need to realize Shane Doan isn't the saviour, it's thoughts like these that make him an automatic scapegoat when the team doesn't win the cup or he doesn't live up to the incredibly high expectations that SOME Canucks fans put on their players...

This.

People need to realize Shane Doan isn't the saviour, it's thoughts like these that make him an automatic scapegoat when the team doesn't win the cup or he doesn't live up to the incredibly high expectations that SOME Canucks fans put on their players...

Brad Marchand probably means absolutely nothing to Shane Doan, who is full of class. Doan probably thinks of Brad as we do, a tiny little rat faced puke. He has no respect for Brown either, remeber the knee on Roszival? And the Keith play , dirty as hell, he was suspended 5 games.

You were saying?

I love how so many people explain how Doan is not the Canucks saviour, which I believe to also be true because anything can happen, but these same people will say how the Rangers are guarantee cup winners now that they have Nash. Common people, the reality is that no one knows which acquisition will put a team over the top. As we all witnessed once again it is goaltending that is the most important aspect in a SC win. In saying this, WE are guaranteed to win this year now that the Schneiderman is our #1 B)

Expectations come with how people carry themselves. I am guessing Luongo being vilified is a key topic?

Well the Sedins have had brilliant play off runs, and dissapeared in other series. But they don't get the same venom? Well, they also stand up in front of the media and make statements like we lost because we could not score, and It's "up to us to do better!" They take accountability; then Hank shows up in camp, having worked his arse off, having scored the amongst highest Vo2 fitness levels in the league. And Danny heads immediately back to the gym to best is brother. Vancouver supports them because they are leaders!

Lou is upset because he has to compete for a spot, and nobody is pumping his tires. He makes statements like, "oh we had a pretty good year." And then he shows up and gets off to a standard crappy start. It's a little easier to believe he will melt under the pressure again.

Lou did loose his composure. He got lit up both in Boston and in the heartbreaking series loosing games, 2 years in a row against Chicago.

Plus the Sedin's have had series where they did not produce, but they also did not cough up the puck in critical give away's or blow assignments. They got out matched, but did not crack. A Doan could solve their problem?

Lou???

This.

I love how so many people explain how Doan is not the Canucks saviour, which I believe to also be true because anything can happen, but these same people will say how the Rangers are guarantee cup winners now that they have Nash. Common people, the reality is that no one knows which acquisition will put a team over the top. As we all witnessed once again it is goaltending that is the most important aspect in a SC win. In saying this, WE are guaranteed to win this year now that the Schneiderman is our #1 B)

Archived