The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roster With Summary of Trade Rumours

To consider Hansen as a core piece of the roster is silly. He is a decent and useful utility guy... but guys like him are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable.

Hansen is not a dime a dozen player...

Players like hansen are not so easily obtained... imo.

Your Florida trade is similar to mine and I think it makes more sense honestly considering FLA shed some cap with Upshall. He can be very good on the 3rd line for us. Like the other poster, I believe we should get a pick in return as well, perhaps a first or 2nd

All I'm saying is that I would rather not have Schroeder in the deal, I was looking at the deal as a whole, and saying I would rather give up those pieces without Schroeder to get Bjugstad.

Your looking at it as a one for one thing, when that's not what it is.

That's what I mean, you have to rememeber the entire offer, one for one it would be good but I would rather do it without Schroeder in the deal then it makes it that much better in the future.

If that is what you meant, it is clearly not what you said... you ignored the entirety of the trade and said that our future would be ruined. In fact with Ellerby and Bjugstad we would have two great players for the future.

Here is an example of what the conversation looked like from this end to show how the way you made your argument was silly:

"It was suggested that we trade Burrows for Stamkos"

You: "That is terrible! If we trade Burrows it ruins our top 6 and completely decimates our offence!"

In your eyes you think it is a reasonable argument to ignore the return and simply focus on the fact that Burrows would be moving out... same as you ignore the return of Bjugstad to make an argument that our future is "ruined" by losing Schroeder.

Archived