48 replies to this topic

#31 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Kassian hasn't proved anything yet. If he comes to camp works hard and seems like is a top 6 player, then let him be one; but he wasn't one here yet
Posted Image

#32 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:42 AM

Kass was scratched from Game 5 vs LA -just a couple of months ago-the most important game of the year.

Doan ,please.The Sedins need a break after all these years of being rag dolled without some physical support.

Get somebody to open up the ice for Kes,as well.The guy needs some friggin help Gillis.Hello.

#33 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

Kass was scratched from Game 5 vs LA -just a couple of months ago-the most important game of the year.

Doan ,please.The Sedins need a break after all these years of being rag dolled without some physical support.

Get somebody to open up the ice for Kes,as well.The guy needs some friggin help Gillis.Hello.

I hear yeah Nit. And I agree. But what can Gillis do? Its up to the players if they want to sign here or more important to the players if their wife and family want to move here! You can thrown as much money ,A new house and throw in a dog if you want, no guarentee they're going to sign here. Mind you! You and me would probably take the deal in a heart beat . But How much is too much for a player like Doan for his age?
Its like asking you was Messier worth 5 million a year at age 36? This is a guy as you know that won Stanley Cups, Canada Cups, Score clutch goals and suppose to be a great leader! And what has he done for the Canucks since then.

Edited by canacks1970, 07 August 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#34 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

i like Kassian and think he could be the real deal for us if he puts in work.

We need a total animal tho, a real psycho that puts the fear into opposing players,

i won't be the only Canucks fan that will be pissed if Duncan Keith doesn't get handled next time we play Chi.

Like to see Volpatti Pinozzuto Kassian and Bitz(please re-sign) start the game and just start punching Blackhawks in the face.

time to make a statement that Vancouver doesn't let its best assets get gooned.

What a brilliant idea, get several of our players suspended for punching a bunch of other hockey players in the face at the start of the game. I really hope you were kidding about that.

Maybe you're new to Canucks hockey, but the last time we went after a player for "revenge" after they injured our star player several games later, it turned into one of the biggest fiascos and embarrassments in franchise history. It beggars belief you got a bunch of +s from that comment. :picard:

The Sedins need defending next time they get bullied, but the revenge / massively gooning it up suggestion is terrible.

#35 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Kassian might develop into a player capable of being on the 1st line. Prior to playing Burrows there, how many of us really predicted he'd end up playing with the Sedins? Turns out it was a decent fit.

I think the work ethic of Burrows is excellent, his skillset is adequate, but his size is not. If we manage to get Doan, I'd try him out on the 1st line right away. I would not try Kassian out on the 1st for any more than a few games though; we rely on the 1st line for our main scoring threat and putting a non-performing Kassian on the wing is not going to do anything for our wins, let alone Kassian's confidence.

There is a reason he is slotted into the 4th or 3rd lines by most people, and I think it is entirely justified. That's where Burrows and Kesler started out as well and through hard work and improvement they eventually found their places in the lineup. If Kassian has the talent MG was hoping for, I'm sure he'll find his was up there too in due time.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#36 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

I feel we are going to get Arnott but not Doan. Here are the lines I would like to see

Sedin Sedin Booth - I liked Booth with the Twins. More size and skill than Burrows. Could be a 40 goal guy.
Burrows Kesler Hansen - Line up against teams top lines. Shut down and add offense.
Higgins Arnott Kassian - Scoring line two.
____ Malhotra Lapierre
Sig too big.

#37 Nancouver

Nancouver

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Kass will get top six minutes when he proves he can handle them. Last year he looked lost out there and he was used sparingly which is how it should be. Hockey's just like anything else, you earn a spot on the team and then you earn minutes. I hope he has a great camp and works his way into the top six but he has to earn it.

#38 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

Kassian needs to prove he belongs in the line up before he gets a chance too play with the Sedins. If he proves he can play in the NHL on a regular basis then i dont see why not.... But you dont just get stuff handed too you and he has proved absolutley nothing in my mind so far... we shall see

Kassian belongs in the lineup by de facto of no one else willing to stand up for anyone. Unleash Kassian on a line with the Sedins and they will instantly garner the respect they deserve.

Kassian is the new Bertuzzi. Lets not turn him into another Bernier. AV if you're reading this: hint, this is directly directed toward your direction.

Posted Image

#39 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Kassian belongs in the lineup by de facto of no one else willing to stand up for anyone. Unleash Kassian on a line with the Sedins and they will instantly garner the respect they deserve.

Kassian is the new Bertuzzi. Lets not turn him into another Bernier. AV if you're reading this: hint, this is directly directed toward your direction.

Let's see if he can play hockey first? No?

#40 Line Juggler

Line Juggler

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Sedin Sedin Doan
Booth Kesler Kassian
Burrows Arnott Higgins
Hansen Lappierre Maholtra
Posted Image

#41 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

This is Burrows' last year under contract. Do you really think he wants to stick around if he is stuck on the 3rd line - especially since the Canucks will be hoping for a discount on his services.... and his value has probably been inflated due to his stats playing with the Sedins?

Add to that the fact that Burrows has already proven chemistry with Kesler and it makes no sense to drop him down to the 3rd line... especially in favour of an unproven player. And Burrows is a right winter - not left; forcing him to play a different position isn't going to help his attitude.

Plus, it has been said that if Gillis did manage to land Doan that he would not further age the team by picking up Arnott. And where is Raymond? In case you didn't notice, we did just sign him to a 2.275m contract.

I think you need to live up to your name and juggle your lines just a wee bit.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#42 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Dank Hank Burr
Booth Lapierre Kass

If we don't get Doan and Kes is still hurt.

#43 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

So far, Kass has shown us very little. He has a ways to go before he can parachute into the top 6. We do not need a 'tough guy" in the regular season and our team will still place high in the standings. I think 4th line duties would be terrible for his development. Unless he is greatly improved in September, he should spend time on the Wolves as a top 6 player. Back up to the 'bigs' in 2nd half if he proves himself.

BTW...replacing Burrows? That's very funny.

#44 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Kassian will never EVER be a top 6 future grinder potential steve bernier

#45 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

As others have pointed out, it depends upon if Doan signs and/or what comes back to Vancouver in the (assumed) Luongo trade.

If Doan is here, Kassian likely gets third line minutes with periodic shifts in the top-6.

There are a few problems with Kassian and the Sedins;he couldn't keep up with the Sedins last year and he is more of a pass first player (never broke the 30 goal mark in juniors) and not a finisher.

If Doan doesn't sign, and if the team doesn't fill the vacant top-6 right winger spot with another UFA or asset from a trade, then the team might not have much choice but to press Kassian into service, giving him more time on the top-6, and sometimes shifting him down to the third line.

This idea of Kassian being a "pass first" player suggests to me that he might be better suited to be on the second line. This, of course. still leaves the Sedins without a big RW.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#46 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Dank Hank Burr
Booth Lapierre Kass

If we don't get Doan and Kes is still hurt.

That booth Lapierre kassian line intrigues me, even as a potential 3rd line?

Maybe Higgins kesler doan(knock on wood) as a second line?

Edited by RonnieColeman, 08 August 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#47 Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

With Kes back, and Doan and Arnott in the fold:

Dank Hank Doan

Booth Kes Burr

Higgins Lappy Hansen

Weise Arnott Kassian

Manny subs in for special servises.

#48 Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

Some first-poster said the Penguin fans thought they would like to fit Raymond in.
Please.

If they are silly enough to go after Raymond, maybe they would give up Despres.
I wish.

#49 nucklehead2

nucklehead2

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

Its poeple like you that dont know squat about the game that give me the pleasure of laughing "haha" andshaking my head at the same time. What a ridiculous notion. Im sure Bertuzzi is the same as Kassian in every way... NOT. If things were like u imagine them the canucks would have won the cup 42 times by now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.