Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peaches

Salo

Salo Jersey Retirement   188 members have voted

1. 1. Should his jersey be retired?

• Yes, Jersey Retired
    • No, but ROH
    • Neither

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

Do you think Salo's jersey should be retired?

or just ROH

or neither

He has done alot for the organization.

I think ROH would be good

Thoughts?

Salo was a great defenceman for Vancouver but i dont think his jersey should be retired and I am not even sure he should be in the ring of honour either.

Maybe if he had finished his career here, I would of said jersey retired. But seeing that he isnt here anymore ROH sounds just about right.

Just playing here for a long time isn't enough of a reason.

Neither. He was good for us but not great. If he was healthy the whole time maybe ROH. What about Doug Lidster? Adrian Aucoin scored a ton of goals with his shot. I think you must put in at least 10 solid years to be with our ROH. You can't put everyone up there or it loses its meaning.

Definitely not getting his jersey retired. Maybe might make the ROH. Doubtful though. If he ended his career here then he might have made the ROH.

I'd rather save that spot for the chance of another current Canuck having a great career here. (besides the Sedins of course)

No way should he have his number retired, but I put up the only "yes" so far anyway. He was my fave Canuck this century and I'm in a completely irrational mood.

Nope. If he had stuck around.. nope. I don't even see any of our current d-men making the rafters. Maybe if Edler breaks out and does amazing the next 6-10 years.

While he did do a lot for the organization, he didn't have the kind of career to be put in the ROH. Unfortunate injuries have put him in the category of "could have been better" (although he was good when healthy). If he had played his entire career on our team, and had at least 1 or 2 dominant seasons as one of our top defenders, then he would have a good shot. Sadly though that is not what happened, he was injured for much of his career, which just didn't allow him to reach his full potential.

He won't get put in solely because he has the skills to be good, and for the past couple seasons he has been a key to our success on the 2nd and 3rd pairings.

Maybe ROH, I think he might have not done enough here to get that even.

But then what will Weber wear here?

We've only retired old captain's jerseys, and all of them have been really, really good players.

Salo was great, but not THAT good.

Only in Vancouver do stupid questions like these get asked.

We`d run out of numbers if we retired numbers at this rate. :picard:

As much as I liked Salo, come on. Do people really swirl these ideas around in their heads?

hang a banner from the rafters that says "Salo's Cannon". Name one fan that wouldnt stare at that during the national anthem.

If he hadn't signed in Tampa and retired here maybe Ring of Honour. But neither now..

Still one of my favourite Fin's out there though

Seriously guys? Jersey retirement?

While we're at it we should also retire:

Morrison

Ohlund

Jovanovski

Bertuzzi

Snepts

McLean

Cloutier

Gradin

Feel free to add in.