The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Army Prospect Profiles, Top 20

You forgot so many more and I am plenty informed my friend. Ok I guess Kassian can be considered a prospect still has not played the required 65 games in the big show but cmon he wil be with the big club there really is no doubt of that .I do understand these guys will grow but they wont sprout 3 inches and gain 25-40 pounds after 20-21.

Alex Friesen 5'9 -186

Evgeny Gladskikh 6'0 -186

Ilia Krikunov 5'11 -169

Jordan Schroeder 5'8 -175

Kellin Tokhkin 5'10 -176

Jeremy Price 6'1 -175

Henrik Tommernes 6'1 -176

Anton Rodin 6'0 -175

Micheal Davies 5'9 -179

Darren Haydar 5'10 -171

Brad Hunt 5'9 -171

Kevin Doell 5'11 -182

You forgot so many more and I am plenty informed my friend. Ok I guess Kassian can be considered a prospect still has not played the required 65 games in the big show but cmon he wil be with the big club there really is no doubt of that .I do understand these guys will grow but they wont sprout 3 inches and gain 25-40 pounds after 20-21.

Alex Friesen 5'9 -186

Ilia Krikunov 5'11 -169

Kellin Tokhkin 5'10 -176

Jeremy Price 6'1 -175

Anton Rodin 6'0 -175

Micheal Davies 5'9 -179

Darren Haydar 5'10 -171

Brad Hunt 5'9 -171

Kevin Doell 5'11 -182

I take it as given that those measurements are exaggerated or at least tilted upwards, but 200+ lbs is plenty big when the individual is in shape. I'm a 6' endomorphic-mesomorph with thick bones (as measured by wrist girth) who started lifting meaningful weights in high school and it still took me well into my twenties to get over 200.

On a somewhat related note, I heard on the radio yesterday that Kassian and Weise have been putting in some series off-season time, together and apart, to up their truculence. Weiss worked out with some professional boxer, and heaven knows his technique needs work. Looking forward to seeing the fruits of their labor.

Hunt, Doell, Haydar, and Davies are all Wolves property, not Canucks prospects.

Tochkin, Krikunov, and Gladskikh are no longer in the system.

That leaves Rodin, Schroeder, and Friesen as our undersized prospects, since the others (Price/Tommernes) I already mentioned. And they are both 6'1" and will fill out after some time in college/sel so they're not really undersized, just average.

Property or prospect they are still playing and trying out for our team. So 3 of those guys are not there anymore my point still stands. I want to see even more size and speed. it is not like I am acting like the sky is falling or anything just want to be more bruising and physical .

You forgot so many more and I am plenty informed my friend. LMAO at anyone thinking Kassian is a prospect ?

Alex Friesen 5'9 -186

Ilia Krikunov 5'11 -169

Kellin Tokhkin 5'10 -176

Jeremy Price 6'1 -175

Anton Rodin 6'0 -175

Micheal Davies 5'9 -179

Darren Haydar 5'10 -171

Brad Hunt 5'9 -171

Property or prospect they are still playing and trying out for our team. So 3 of those guys are not there anymore my point still stands. I want to see even more size and speed. it is not like I am acting like the sky is falling or anything just want to be more bruising and physical .

Hunt, Doell, Haydar, and Davies are all Wolves property, not Canucks prospects.

Tochkin, Krikunov, and Gladskikh are no longer in the system.

That leaves Rodin, Schroeder, and Friesen as our undersized prospects, since the others (Price/Tommernes) I already mentioned. And they are both 6'1" and will fill out after some time in college/sel so they're not really undersized, just average.

I mean this in the nicest way possible

But you said you are well informed - then followed that by saying Kassian is without a doubt on the big club.

There have been NUMEROUS reports that in the exit interviews, Kassian was advised by Gillis, Gilman and AV that Kassian needed to get fit and have a great camp to make the club.

from your link "if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club."

Hunt (24, 0 NHL games), Doell(33, 8 NHL games), Haydar(32, 23 nhl games), and Davies(25, 0 nhl games) would not be considered a prospect regardless of the fact that tey are not part of the canucks org, at all.

Archived