The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Army Prospect Profiles, Top 20

3 of those guys were over 24 my bad. We still have had a tendancey over the past few drafts to look at the smaller player versus the ogre. I will be clear again . I feel we need even more sizer than we are currently developing. Just my personal opinion. I acknowledge the fact we have some prospective size coming our way but just not enough for me.

You forgot so many more and I am plenty informed my friend. Ok I guess Kassian can be considered a prospect still has not played the required 65 games in the big show but cmon he wil be with the big club there really is no doubt of that .I do understand these guys will grow but they wont sprout 3 inches and gain 25-40 pounds after 20-21.

Alex Friesen 5'9 -186 - Plays like he's 6'3", physically intimidating

Evgeny Gladskikh 6'0 -186 - Not in our system

Ilia Krikunov 5'11 -169 - Not in our system

Jordan Schroeder 5'8 -175 - Highly skilled, dropped so low we had to take him

Kellin Tokhkin 5'10 -176 - Bust

Jeremy Price 6'1 -175 - Decent NHL size once he gains more muscle

Henrik Tommernes 6'1 -176 - Decent NHL size once he gains more muscle

Anton Rodin 6'0 -175 - Decent NHL size once he gains more muscle

Micheal Davies 5'9 -179 - An undrafted 25 year old depth AHLer with a Wolves contract. Why are we mentioning him?

Darren Haydar 5'10 -171 - An AHL star with a Wolves contract. Why are we mentioning him?

Brad Hunt 5'9 -171 - See Davies, Michael

Kevin Doell 5'11 -182 - An undrafted 33 year old depth AHLer with a Wolves contract. Why are we mentioning him?

Advanced list analysis

6 Canucks contracts or Canucks rights held

-3 with weight problems, can easily be fixed

-2 with height problems (Schroeder is high skill, Friesen is very physical)

-1 total bust

2 Players in Europe we don't have the rights to

4 AHL contracted guys that won't even be considered for the Canucks ever

Please, tell me more about how informed you are about the Canucks prospect system.

Section one is the meat of the criteria as it will govern the majority of players that vie for a NHL roster spot. Sections two and three are simply an acknowledgement that some prospects arrive on the scene a bit later than their peers, thus needing some time past their 24th birthday to develop into an NHL-caliber player.

The graduated list on team pages will consist of players who are considered graduated to the NHL. A skater prospect may sit on the graduated list until he has played 130 games in the NHL. A goalie prospect may sit on the graduated list until he has played 90 games in the NHL.

NOTE: These are general guidelines and should be followed the majority of the time but certain players may still be listed as prospects if circumstances warrant.

Do you notice how they are BESIDE PLAYERS THAT ARE ALREADY CANUCKS PLAYERS?

Lapierre/Malhotra would be the 3rd line centre if we do not acquire Arnott.

Raymond/Higgins would be the 2nd line winger if we do not acquire Doan.

Kassian is going to have to earn his spot - because it would make much more sense for him to play 20 minutes a game in the AHL, then playing 4-6 minutes with Dale Weise.

my quote was from section 1. i'm not sure what the hell you'r trying to get at. regardless of the fact that hockey's future would NOT count these players as prospects (which you are, for some reason trying to argue), they are still not a part of the canucks org. they have no contract with the canucks, and cannot be called up.

Archived