The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Army Prospect Profiles, Top 20

I like Mallet, even if we could have gotten him later. He's a specific pick for a specific need rather than trying to draft for top 6 potential with every pick. We'll see results from him sooner than we would with anyone else picked in the second round, so that makes it interesting to see his progression after a breakout year last year.

Following the prospect development myself I am very worried about the size of some of theses players. This is a serious issue. We need crushing speedy wingers and solid mobile defense men . This group does not make me happy except for the skill department. Many of these young guys have mad skill potential i just wanna see more SIZE !

Following the prospect development myself I am very worried about the size of some of theses players. This is a serious issue. We need crushing speedy wingers and solid mobile defense men . This group does not make me happy except for the skill department. Many of these young guys have mad skill potential i just wanna see more SIZE !

Oh I like Mallet too. I think he has potential. Not a top 6 forward, but as a bottom 6 guy, maybe 25-30 points? Called him everyone's favourite mistake because of the amount of flak this selection gets by a ton of people.

um.

Jensen: 6'2" 202 lbs

Kassian: 6'3" 215 lbs (has lost some weight over the summer though)

Mallet: 6'1" 195 lbs

Greneir 6'5" 200 lbs

Gaunce 6'2" 205 lbs

Labate 6'4" 195 lbs

Sauve 6'3" 209 lbs

Andersson 6'3" 190 lbs

Polasek 6'3" 190 lbs

Mcnally 6'2"

Connauton 6'1"

Just because the Canucks have Schroeder and Rodin - There isn't a size issue.

Kassian, Jensen, and Gaunce can be viewed as highly probable NHLers. If MG adds Bjugstad (or size equivalent) to that list, our forwards will be ranked among the biggest in the not too distant future. At issue then will be skill and whether we have enough of it.

Go see Calgary's roster and prospects for an idea of what an undersized team looks like.

Lack rated highly as expected, I'm halfway between him having another year in the AHL with potential for callups so he can work on his consistency over the whole year, and using him as our backup due to his inexpensive contract and that he's a prospect of ours versus looking for a UFA.

um.

Jensen: 6'2" 202 lbs

Kassian: 6'3" 215 lbs (has lost some weight over the summer though)

Mallet: 6'1" 195 lbs

Greneir 6'5" 200 lbs

Gaunce 6'2" 205 lbs

Labate 6'4" 195 lbs

Sauve 6'3" 209 lbs

Andersson 6'3" 190 lbs

Polasek 6'3" 190 lbs

Mcnally 6'2"

Connauton 6'1"

Just because the Canucks have Schroeder and Rodin - There isn't a size issue.

Lack rated highly as expected, I'm halfway between him having another year in the AHL with potential for callups so he can work on his consistency over the whole year, and using him as our backup due to his inexpensive contract and that he's a prospect of ours versus looking for a UFA.

Some of those numbers are a bit off and 200 pounds is not all that huge. Tall and lanky is all i am seeing right now. Good pool just not as aggressive as I would like. Kassian is not a prospect why is everyone treating him so ?

Sadly there's misinformed fans that have latched onto the popular belief that our prospects are small, when in fact the opposite is true. The majority of our prospects are average or above average height.

Additional wild card prospects also include:

Darren Archibald - 6'3" 212

Ben Hutton - 6'2"

Matthew Beattie - 6'3"

Ludwig Blomstrand - 6'1" 200

Henrik Tommernes - 6'1"

Sawyer Hannay - 6'4"

Jeremy Price - 6'1"

Steven Anthony - 6'1" 205

Mats Froshaug - 6'1" 200

Archived