Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urethra_Franklin

Nothing really new here, just an interesting article

I agree, the game has become wack and hack again, but instead of bending over or crying like a little girl he is counter punching this epidemic with bigger/younger players.

This Luongo trade is the biggest in franchise history, can't wait to see how he does!

A brief explanation on why we lost, but no mention of Manny's eye injury. Turns out that little event was as significant as the Canucks say it was. Heck, a lot of them heralded Manny as the team's mvp at that point.

Anyway, injuries suck. There's only so much you can to to plan for them.

Good read.

More confirmation the NHL is a league without the balls to enforce it's own rules and business model. Football on ice would be an appropriate description except in football, they would never allow much of the goonery the NHL does. SHanahan has been influenced by the politics and power of the NHL's big money and has proven to be just another pawn in the game.

I agree, the game has become wack and hack again, but instead of bending over or crying like a little girl he is counter punching this epidemic with bigger/younger players.

This Luongo trade is the biggest in franchise history, can't wait to see how he does!

Good article. I didn't know Gillis was drafting overagers. It could work or could potentially backfire on him.

Good read.

More confirmation the NHL is a league without the balls to enforce it's own rules and business model. Football on ice would be an appropriate description except in football, they would never allow much of the goonery the NHL does. SHanahan has been influenced by the politics and power of the NHL's big money and has proven to be just another pawn in the game.

Good read.

It's the biggest trade in franchise history if it helps us win the Cup. If not, then the trade for Luongo is still the biggest in franchise history.

Faith in Gillis. I think he's a shrewd guy with a lot of patience. I hope he keeps us steered towards success.

the game changes. There was a time where skill won and big, bad, tough players were seen as 3rd/4th liners. Obviously these tough players are starting to develop some skill and making life miserable for the players that don't necessarily play on the physical side. Game changes, and all teams can do is adapt. Gillis has always (in my view) been a patient guy, that has done some solid moves. As long as he continues to bring us players and a team that can make the playoffs and thus have a shot at the cup, I will support him throughout.

'Window is closing'...pfft. I'm sure people have said that about the Red Wings and they haven't missed the playoffs in like 20 years or so.

Gillis looks like if Jeremy Renner spent a month living off of deep dish pizza and scotch.

Saying that we need to get bigger, more athletic, grittier, and delivering are two different things.

So far the experiments to solve this have not been great;

Drool all u want over what Kassian might do, he was not the play off equalizer advertised.Owen Nolan and the other cast of bargain misfits have yet to be significant. Booth has yet to prove more valuable than Samuelsson. I cheer for all of them when they wear a Canuck uniform, but...

Because trading for Lou helped us win a cup? Let's see what we get for Lou. I would say the nasland trade was bigger then getting Lou because we gave up some assets for Lou and not for nasland.

Edit: you could also say the trade to get the twins was bigger then the Lou trade.