The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks kicking tires on Huet

J2ZUC3

I wouldn't mind him, veteran backup. I hope he still has some game. And to people who worry about Schneider possible getting hurt: generally in the NHL, if your starting goalie gets seriously injured, your team is seriously in deep. Our team has just been so darn lucky.

It's idiotic to complain about the guy's age, as long as he is capable of playing at the NHL level. Old goalies are often backups because they can't handle the load of being a starter any longer, but their experience makes them great backups.

I'm torn between wanting an experienced guy, like Huet, or giving Lack a chance because I feel he deserves it...

Probs just a backup plan if we don't get a goaltender in return for Luongo. Just like Arnott is a backup in case they don't get a 3rd line center in return for Luongo, which is determined on whether we sign Doan or not.

Exciting stuff

The question about Huet was never about his talent. He just got grossly overpaid by an idiotic Blackhawks GM.

Besides, aren't you that idiot who feels the need to go into every single thread about Luongo and/or Schneider and state that Schneider will never be as good as Luongo? Why should your opinion on goaltending even matter?

Archived