Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Canucks kicking tires on Huet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#31 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

No! No!

Don't want him.

We need YOUNGER players, and since thes "rumor" experts are saying we're after Arnot and Doan, we don't need another over-aged player!

So what's your genius solution to this dilemma then?

RIP LB RR PD

#32 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

It's idiotic to complain about the guy's age, as long as he is capable of playing at the NHL level. Old goalies are often backups because they can't handle the load of being a starter any longer, but their experience makes them great backups.

I'm torn between wanting an experienced guy, like Huet, or giving Lack a chance because I feel he deserves it...

#33 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

No! He's way too old!

We need YOUNGER players.

You have no clue what you're talking about, do you?

We're talking about a backup for Schneider.

RIP LB RR PD

#34 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

sign huet to a 100 year 10 mil contract, front loaded. cap hit of $1.00

#35 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

I wonder if he still has it in him to be a capable NHL goalie.
Maybe give him a tryout contract, and if he performs well in camp and preseason we could give him a try.
If he still has his game, he would be great.
Posted Image

#36 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Probs just a backup plan if we don't get a goaltender in return for Luongo. Just like Arnott is a backup in case they don't get a 3rd line center in return for Luongo, which is determined on whether we sign Doan or not.

Exciting stuff

Edited by Tystick, 07 August 2012 - 11:29 AM.

Posted Image

#37 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

That would be the 2nd worst contract he was ever given.
Posted Image

#38 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,398 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

No! He's way too old!

We need YOUNGER players.

He's a vet back-up, I'd rather go with a vet than a inexperienced AHLer.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#39 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

The question about Huet was never about his talent. He just got grossly overpaid by an idiotic Blackhawks GM.

Besides, aren't you that idiot who feels the need to go into every single thread about Luongo and/or Schneider and state that Schneider will never be as good as Luongo? Why should your opinion on goaltending even matter?

Hey! Why should your opinion on goaltending matter? Because you have a picture of Luongo in your sig?

I wouldn't be opposed to Huet but there are better alternatives.........like DOMINEK HASEK!!! :frantic:
But seriously Huet wouldn't be too shabby.
Posted Image

#40 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,790 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

I think Id rather have Dan Ellis. Or Theodore in a Luongo deal.

Theodore said he wouldnt waive for Canucks

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#41 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

One year too much. He's a big question mark, what if Schneider actually gets hurt, then what?

This guy hasn't played in NHL for a while now and we're not even sure if he can compete.

What if Lundqvist gets hurt? It's the same situation, the Rangers are screwed.

That's a good sign if it happens. Lack will be definitely ready in the 2013/14 season, and will be a great back up for Schneids. It's Cory's first season as a starter, I wouldn't be really comfortable having a goalie who has never played and NHL game as his back up. With Huet, that's a different story.

#42 CanucksinVic

CanucksinVic

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hasek/Rolosen/Ellis (Ellis being the better)> Huet

IMO I don't think Huet had any more than 2 years of "great goaltending". He had his moments, but I think he's done in the NHL, even at a back-up level.

#43 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

The Huet of all trades.

If he's tight with Melanson it might work out. I'd like to see Lack have a real shot though - SIGN HIM GILLIS

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#44 CanucksinVic

CanucksinVic

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

That would be the 2nd worst contract he was ever given.

It may be a horrible contract, but imagine the $1 cap hit...lol! The new wave of NHL contracts...lmao!

#45 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

No! No!

Don't want him.

We need YOUNGER players, and since thes "rumor" experts are saying we're after Arnot and Doan, we don't need another over-aged player!

I understand what your saying but you need a capable back up. A Veteran for a year to give Lack a chance to developed more for another year and another voice Cory can go too. Look what happen to Price in his rookie year! Montreal was doing well and first overall in the east then they brought up Halak and traded Huet. Imo That was one of the biggest mistakes Montreal could do to two rookie goaltenders when they had no Veteran Presence. And 36 isn't that old. Its not like Vancouver going to sign him for 4 years. Mind I'll probably drop dead if they did..lol

#46 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Front-loaded cap hit of $1.00, eh? I see you have absolutely no idea what front-loaded means, and you seem to be just as stupid as that rape suspect in your avatar.

#47 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'm split but, if I had to side with one opinion, it'd be yours. Lou has achieved a lot in his career, and I can't see Schneids matching those accomplishments, as fine a goalie as he projects to be.

On Huet, I'd love him to sign here - he's the NHL player closest to my actual surname, so I always choose him as my NHL 13 announcing name :lol:

This much is true, no gold medal for the Schneiderman as he's American :bigblush:

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#48 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Front-loaded cap hit of $1.00, eh? I see you have absolutely no idea what front-loaded means, and you seem to be just as stupid as that rape suspect in your avatar.

Posted Image

#49 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

At this point I don't see MG giving Huet a deal. More likely, he'll bring in 2-3 goalies on PTO's (including Lack) to challenge for the spot and give the best one the job. Much like last year with Legace.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#50 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

No! No!

Don't want him.

All 3 players play different positions, and would play different roles. There's nothing wrong in having some veterans in their 30's at different positions in different roles.

Huet is a solid veteran backup who won't be a threat to Cory, IF he came here.

The other reason the Canucks may not have signed him, is they could still be bringing Luongo back. It's unlikely, but possible still.

I'd be ok with Huet on a 1 year contract, while waiting for Lack the following season.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#51 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,176 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

I wouldn't mind him here for a year backing up Cory Schneider. Then a year later Eddie Lack can back-up Schneider.

307mg00.jpg

#52 PrimeMinisterBure

PrimeMinisterBure

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image

Explain to me how, without making several assumptions that are in no way referenced in his post, $10 million averaged over 100 annual increments could ever result in a $1.00 cap hit. I guess I should have taken whichever f***ed up math classes you've aced in your lifetime in lieu of all the calculus and advanced statistics courses I've taken in mine.

#53 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hopefully, out of his desire to bring Lu back to South Beach, Tallon would pressure Theodore enough to get him to agree to being traded to Vancouver. I would be so much happier with Jose as the #1B, so he would be able to step in and handle more of a load in case Schneider-man falters. Even though he's 35, he (Jose) would still fit as a #1 in the league and I would much rather have him on the team than Clemmensen, Ellis or in this case Huet.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#54 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

nvrm

Edited by Sanj, 07 August 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#55 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Huet had a couple of sub-par seasons with the Hawks, but I don't think that really indicates that he is a poor goalie now. People have talked about us getting younger and I agree, but in net is not always where you want to get younger. Schneider has developed, but would still benefit from a veteran goalie to back him up. Additionally, if Schneider ever did get hurt - especially in the playoffs - I'd feel far more comfortable having an experienced goalie in net rather than a younger nobody. This is just a stop-gap until Lack moves into the backup role next year.

I say sign Huet for 2 years at 2 million. (1 per). It isn't like teams are chomping at the bit to sign him so we might get him for cheap. 2 years provides us with security in case Lack isn't ready to go next season as the backup.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#56 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hopefully, out of his desire to bring Lu back to South Beach, Tallon would pressure Theodore enough to get him to agree to being traded to Vancouver. I would be so much happier with Jose as the #1B, so he would be able to step in and handle more of a load in case Schneider-man falters. Even though he's 35, he (Jose) would still fit as a #1 in the league and I would much rather have him on the team than Clemmensen, Ellis or in this case Huet.

I don't know if a disgruntled player, who doesn't want to be here but was forced into the move anyway, would be the best option to go with.

#57 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

I'd be happy with Huet after we trade Luongo. 1 year @ $1 million?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#58 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

He's a pretty solid goaltender. I wouldn't mind.

As others have said though I feel that Ellis is a better goalie(And he wants the job) or Theodore in the Luongo trade(Doubtful but hopefully) .

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#59 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,651 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

One year too much. He's a big question mark, what if Schneider actually gets hurt, then what?

This guy hasn't played in NHL for a while now and we're not even sure if he can compete.

But what if the sedins get hurt as well? Who will do most of the scoring!

or Hamhuis. Who does the defending!

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#60 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

All 3 players play different positions, and would play different roles. There's nothing wrong in having some veterans in their 30's at different positions in different roles.

Huet is a solid veteran backup who won't be a threat to Cory, IF he came here.

The other reason the Canucks may not have signed him, is they could still be bringing Luongo back. It's unlikely, but possible still.

I'd be ok with Huet on a 1 year contract, while waiting for Lack the following season.

Your avatars just keep getting more spooky all the time. And yeah, it would be a very good idea to have a vetern prescence to back up Ze Schnieds.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.