The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crowd Noise in Rogers Arena

BEAST09

most regular season canucks games aren't actually sold out. as far as i'm aware the "sellout" statistic is based on tickets distributed, not actually purchased by the end consumer. that's why on the night of virtually every canucks home game there is a "tickets just released" announcement, and those rarely all sell out. yeah, most of them are singles and it's not a huge number, but i still refuse to acknowledge the sellout streak as a real thing.

Good for you. The point was actually whether they legitimately sell-out 400 and something consecutive games or not, the point is that they have no problem selling tickets, thus have no reason to lower ticket prices.

Simple supply and demand. High demand + limited supply = high prices.

I don't know of many others things I'd rather spend $100 of disposable income on, personally.

I don't understad why there is no noise during the games. not Rogers Arena particularly. I mean all the NHL stadiums

over here, we have people with drums ans flags and a "fan corner" with hardcores who usually get tickets from team. they are starting team songs, wave flags etc

obviously, I don't know about the rules in Canada but I was usually no even allowed to bring in a tennant or a small flag.

I think they should "create" a corner for hardcore fans and give them tickes to every home game. then they should bring flags, posters, drums etc to every game and get paid to create noise

but that's just me

Here's another idea on noise in the arena: Let fans who bring noisemakers to the arena use them.

2 years ago, i went to a game against Florida, and i brought my blowhorn, wooden rattler and drum with me to the game and had no problems, used them all at appropriate times, and all the fans around me loved my noise.

Last year, i went to a game against Winnipeg and i brought the same items with me and had to spend like 8-10 minutes, talking and negotiating with security and like 3-4 host service people just to be able allowed to have it in the building, let alone be able to use it. Fortunately, i was allowed, and all people it loved it, even the Jets fans.

A lot of hockey arenas are seeming to be banning noise in arenas and it ruins the fun and atmosphere of the games. Its a hockey game, not theatre.

Here's another idea on noise in the arena: Let fans who bring noisemakers to the arena use them.

2 years ago, i went to a game against Florida, and i brought my blowhorn, wooden rattler and drum with me to the game and had no problems, used them all at appropriate times, and all the fans around me loved my noise.

Last year, i went to a game against Winnipeg and i brought the same items with me and had to spend like 8-10 minutes, talking and negotiating with security and like 3-4 host service people just to be able allowed to have it in the building, let alone be able to use it. Fortunately, i was allowed, and all people it loved it, even the Jets fans.

A lot of hockey arenas are seeming to be banning noise in arenas and it ruins the fun and atmosphere of the games. Its a hockey game, not theatre.

The horn I have isn't one of those aerosol boat horn things. Mine is an older-style vuvuzela, I've had it since 2001. I guess I should've pointed that part out. I don't go for the aerosol horns, but I'm all for the other ones, provided the ones who have them know how to use them, not like the soccer people in South Africa.

most regular season canucks games aren't actually sold out. as far as i'm aware the "sellout" statistic is based on tickets distributed, not actually purchased by the end consumer. that's why on the night of virtually every canucks home game there is a "tickets just released" announcement, and those rarely all sell out. yeah, most of them are singles and it's not a huge number, but i still refuse to acknowledge the sellout streak as a real thing.

Rogers arena certainly isn't the MTS Centre but it is definitely up there in my opinion.

I think I've said this before but if you want a quiet arena/crowd go to a game at the ACC in Toronto. The crowd at Leaf games are PATHETIC. You can literally tell that Leafs fans know their team sucks but are there only out of obligation for having already dropped the $200 per ticket.

When I went to the Canucks @ Leafs game last December the building was completely silent by about halfway through the first period and almost half empty halfway through the 3rd period. It was almost laughable how annoyed and disgruntled the group of Leafs fans around me were when they started counting the passes the Canucks were making between possession in the Leafs zone. I think they counted 17, then about 2 Leafs passes before they turned the puck over before the Canucks passed the puck 11 times (not counting shots on net in between) before the next whistle.

The Leafs fans around me generally left with the attitude of "I can't believe I wasted my hard earned money on this joke of a team" and the atmosphere of the ACC generally reflects that sentiment on a nightly basis.

As bad as we think we have it, it gets much MUCH worse. Personally, I'm grateful the Canuck organization actually cares about the quality of the team/product they put on the ice. I think the crowd at Rogers Arena reflects that as well. Only thing I can think of doing is getting rid of the joke of a DJ, the song selection he puts on every night is a joke.

- Terrible music :Black Eyed Peas, U2, Akon and cheesy electronic dance tunes.

- As much as I like Fin, Johnny Canuck should be the mascot he is bad-ass!

- Over priced beer

- Over priced tickets

- True fans are in pubs or at home. Not wearing suits in the front row giving the stink eye to any one who shouts, fist pumps, swears, chants, sings, dances or drinks a beer.

Archived