The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crowd Noise in Rogers Arena

BEAST09

The crowd noise in Rogers arena is pathetic. There needs to be something done about the lack of energy in the building throughout the regular season and even in the playoffs.

I have been trying to think of ways the canucks could create a better atmosphere at the home games.

From my experience attending canucks games, I noticed that the music played between whistles and the goal song that comes on after a goal drowns out noise created by fans. The only thing fans can hear is the song blasting out of the speakers, not the other fans cheering.

When we score a goal, the song that comes on continues playing right until the restart of play. When the puck is dropped the music stops and the crowd has settled down. I feel that if there was just a horn signalling a goal and the fans were left to cheer and hear the other fans in the building cheering it would create a more passionate response throughout the duration of the game.

When we go on our California trip and our fans pack the (ducks kings pheonix sharks) stadiums. After each of those games I always feel that the crowd was amazing and it was almost like a home game for the canucks. there are two reasons why this occurs in my opinion - no goal song when we score!! and also - fans are more diehard and drunk than usual.

Does anyone have any ideas to increase fan involvement during games?

Keep in mind guys (and girls) that when General Motor Place was designed and built, the building was designed in way to absorb some noise to make concert viewing more enjoyable. It's a double edged sword because it contributes to the quiet in Rogers Arena.

Sidenote: I always turn the crowd noise way up and the commentary 2 notches less in NHL12. The crowd so loud you can hear the play-by-play. Awesome!

well there wasn't much to cheer for in the playoffs this past year. As for the ref. season, I think the fans were like the team, found it hard to get energised (cheer as loud as they could/should) when we had such a commanding lead in the NW. I don't care how loud the crowd is tbh, as long as we hear them in june ;)

I think this is a great topic. I am a die hard Canucks Fan and also die hard Riders fan. I have season tickets to the Nux and the atmosphere is pretty terrible.

We only have one real chant and its the exact same as 5 other Canadian teams...... Here we go oilers is the only Canadian different one!!!! It's a joke. Are we not a people capable of coming up with some original chants and songs??

So here is a way to get some chants and songs into the Canucks Live Experience. Have locally grown celebrity ie: Steve Nash, come on the big screen and start the new chant. This can be repeated during the game by Fin. At least this way we are going to get variety and more opportunity to make some noise for the boys.

A cool sounding one we came up with was like the J-E-T-S from the NFL.

C-A-N-U-C-K-S getting faster and faster

The live experience is stale. T shirts and kiss cam and fin and dudes scraping the ice and ice cream give aways

cheaper beer and legit security.... I was at a couple games now were someone near my seat was a little drunk and cheering loud. after intermission a new older couple came and sat in their seats, i asked how they got to sit there. security sold them the tix outside. They kick you out and sell your tix...plus on the jumbo screen they have a number you can text if someone is annoying you...dont cheer or you get kicked out... Going to the games is a joke.

need a supporters section. if we had it we could get some cohesion.(not going to happen i know)

we need a few songs. it really is not that hard to follow the game while chanting. not being able to follow the play tends to be the main reason and it is a crapty excuse..

then there are people who try to create chants all the time but it either doesn`t pick up cause no one is sure what is being said or it is super repetitive.

if people do know what is being said there is always large participation.

i suggest we just steal some of the whitecaps supporters songs to get going. there are several that can transfer right over into hockey. for the most part they have just taken them from teams all over the world anyways.

well there wasn't much to cheer for in the playoffs this past year. As for the ref. season, I think the fans were like the team, found it hard to get energised (cheer as loud as they could/should) when we had such a commanding lead in the NW. I don't care how loud the crowd is tbh, as long as we hear them in june ;)

Archived