The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Crowd Noise in Rogers Arena

BEAST09

Too many suits in the stands. Simple as that.

Last game I went to, there was 3 guys behind me that didn't look up from their phones for almost the entire game, they had zero interest in what was going on.

Also cheaper beer would certainly liven the place up, whether it would be in a good or bad way is your own idea.

I went to a regular season game in 2008, versus Tampa Bay, and even though it wasn't a good rivalry, the place was as loud as Canuck playoff games this year.

Then I went to Game 7 versus the Blackhawks. That was obviously super loud.

January 21, 2012 was the worst experience I've ever had with live hockey games. The Silvertips games in Everett that I go to sometimes are twice as loud as this. I agree, the crowd noise volume has really dropped.

Rogers Arena is boring because the average rowdy fan cannot afford to go very often anymore. If you are lucky enough to have season tickets, you will notice that the seats all around you are rarely the same people twice. How can you get your section rowdy when it's full of mutes that you can never really get to know and have some camraderie with? Add into that, a bunch of d-bags who are priming up to head to the Roxy after and you are left with a laregly uninterested crowd. At least the crowd in the upper bowl is little better than the lower bowl. I'll stick to Lions and Giants games. At least I can wear sweat pants and a jersey and no one looks sideways at me.

- Terrible music :Black Eyed Peas, U2, Akon and cheesy electronic dance tunes.

- As much as I like Fin, Johnny Canuck should be the mascot he is bad-ass!

- Over priced beer

- Over priced tickets

- True fans are in pubs or at home. Not wearing suits in the front row giving the stink eye to any one who shouts, fist pumps, swears, chants, sings, dances or drinks a beer.

- Terrible music :Black Eyed Peas, U2, Akon and cheesy electronic dance tunes.

- As much as I like Fin, Johnny Canuck should be the mascot he is bad-ass!

- Over priced beer

- Over priced tickets

- True fans are in pubs or at home. Not wearing suits in the front row giving the stink eye to any one who shouts, fist pumps, swears, chants, sings, dances or drinks a beer.

Archived