The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

where do you think the canucks are going

TACIC

Thoughts on Canucks for this year  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, ::D

Just decieded to see where we think we are going for this year.I know we all think cup :canucks::towel:

But just be honest with yourself.Also you can name who the player you think will have a big year will be

if you want.Just dont spam it and name what you really think.

Cheers :emot-parrot:

Cup - we have a really good team this year, and really have what it takes.

2nd place - asking for 3 straight Presidents Trophies is just crazy. I still think we can be 2nd, and at worst top 4 (in the league)

Jensen - I think he's our top prospect. Surprised he's not on here to be honest.

I voted the cup because we are stacked, we have been for a while and we only get better. I say finish 5th because realistically theres no way we finish top in the league 3 years in a row, it's just not likely.

I imagine Kesler gets back early December and we have to make up ground but eventually get into our groove and make a playoff spot relatively comfortably

Because of the void Kesler will leave i guess we'll struggle even morw during October-November than usual. Tjerefore we'll have a hard time getting the presidents trophy this season, and i think will be eliminated in the conference finals and end 3rd in the conference and 5th in the league.

And you didn't mention me favourite/the most exiting proapect from my pov, Jensen. I think he'll become a excellent top-6 forward avereging 60-75 poonts per seaon with his great skating ability and above average skill set and strength!

All things being as they are today and presuming that the Canucks remain injury-free, here are my uneducated predictions for the Canucks in 2012-2013:

NW Division champs / third seed in the Western Conference / WC Finalist, losing to LA Kings who I think will repeat as the SC champs (they are too deep, big, talented, and Quick looks to only get better).

Comeback years: Henrik & Daniel (90-95 points each); Edler (very good in regular season and even better in playoffs); Malhotra; Ballard (I have this feeling that Ballard is finally 100% healthy and will be able to do all the things he did prior to coming to the Canucks).

Break out years: Schneider (only to show that he can sustain his play over the entire season with heavy workload and into the playoffs); Kassian (15G/25A).

I also think the players playing for contracts will have better seasons than they did in 2011-2012 (i.e., Burrows/Malhotra/Raymond/Higgins/Lapierre/Edler).

Addendum: In another post I stated that Malhotra's 2011-2012 season may be the new norm for him, but I am a big Malhotra fan and hope that he can regain his form that made him so valuable in 2010-2011...so here's hoping he has a bounce-back year.

Archived