Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Which current Canucks would you want in the ROH?

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

ROH: Luongo, Burrows, Kesler

Retire: Sedins

#32 WEwantCUP

WEwantCUP

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

ROH: Larry Courville, Leif Rohlin, Sven Butenschon, Bill Muckalt, Harry York, Josh Holden, Aaron Miller and Mathieu Schneider

Retire: Mark Messier

Unretire: Stan Smyl, Trevor Linden and Markus Naslud

(Believe it or not, I'm being sarcastic)

Edited by WEwantCUP, 08 August 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#33 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Start using the boards? haha

put Mitchell in the defensive zone behind the net, Hamhuis between the benches, and Raymond in the offensive corner.
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#34 brycemeat

brycemeat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Truly eligible current Canucks-only Luo- and I doubt he is coming back any time soon to receive the honor.

Too bad Gillis did not get him a cup as promised.Maybe Luo wants to see somebody else in the rafters so I go with ROH.Sure,that's it.

Gillis was the one strapping on the skates? I think it's the other way around.

#35 Beeekz

Beeekz

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

ROH for current players: Burrows, Bieksa, Kesler, Luongo

ROH for past players: Rypien, Demitra, Bure (get your head out of your @**), Courtnalls (Both on one placard, or just Geoff), Bertuzzi, Adams, Skriko, Tanti, Lumme, Salo, there are quite a few that are up for debate.

Retire: Sedins

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bure refuse an earlier proposal of a ROH spot? Or was that merely speculation awhile back saying "If they're not retiring the jersey, he will not attend any ceremony."

#36 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Burrows for ROH! The Sedins might get their jerseys retired.

#37 PONCHE

PONCHE

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Retire: 22 & 33
ROH: Kesler, mabye Schnieder if he's good enough down the road. I would also like to see Luuu up there myself

Potential Honorable mentions: Edler still is fairly young and has the potential to develop into a stud d-man, so maybe him.

No one else really has been quite outstanding enough imo.
Being honoured by your team in any way is big and shouldnt be handed out like a free playoff towel
Posted Image

#38 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Ohlund for non-Canuck, for current Canucks: Burrows

#39 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,633 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Bieksa.

Then CANUCKELION will have to look at it every time he tunes in to a Canuck game....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#40 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

New to the club ,I take it.
Instead of telling you to STFU my suggestion is that you go pay a short visit to the rafters,yourself.

Some other recent Gillis quotes I enjoyed:

Gillis on Luongo: “If you take a look at his body of work, you’ll see that he’s an elite-level goaltender. We’ve got a ton of confidence in Roberto.” May,2012

Gillis on AV stating Luongo wants out:AV "didn't mean what he said" about Luongo.

Gillis on Luongo June 1st `"I haven't contacted anyone with respect to Roberto at all.I've had people call me and ask about him and I've told them that we haven't made any decisions at all about the future of our goal tending."

Gillis August 1st: "If we get what we think the value is there we'll trade him. I don't have a timetable. In fact, in hockey things can change in five minutes with one phone call. It's unrealistic to put a timetable on it."

Riiight.
Because Gillis always, and I mean always, tells the truth, especially to the media.
LOL, "AV didn't mean what he said about Luongo". Classic.

#41 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

This could include ex Canucks that are still in the NHL (ie Salo Ohlund)
I'd want Kes, burr, Eddie, juice, and maybe hammer. As far as ex canucks, only one that grabs my eye is Ohlund. Maybe jovo. And this all assuming the Sedins get their jerseys retired.

Im hoping Kesler and Burrows both have their numbers retired as well.

ROH for both Salo and Ohlund and even Luongo one day.
Posted Image

#42 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Luo and Sedins. If we win the cup, Burrows because he'll be detrimental to that run no doubt.

Detrimental is not a good thing you know. If we win a Cup with Burrows I believe he will be instrumental to it.

#43 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Truly eligible current Canucks-only Luo- and I doubt he is coming back any time soon to receive the honor.

Too bad Gillis did not get him a cup as promised.Maybe Luo wants to see somebody else in the rafters so I go with ROH.Sure,that's it.

Yeah. Perhaps though if Luongo wasn't doing his finest impression of a christmas tree in all of those series against Chicago and Boston, he would have that Stanley Cup that "Gillis promised him"?

#44 Nosaj

Nosaj

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Luo and Sedins. If we win the cup, Burrows because he'll be detrimental to that run no doubt.

I don't think detrimental means what you think it means.

Posted Image

#45 kodos

kodos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

The dictionary is your friend
Posted Image

#46 Revanbc

Revanbc

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

id like to have snow back
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/ptparatroopa/billy.jpg[/img]

#47 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,633 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

id like to have snow back

Too late. He's already joined the Night's Watch....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#48 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

The Sedins should have their numbers retired without question, they're arguably the best forwards in Canucks history.

ROH, Luongo, Kesler, and Garrison (assuming he'll be great) - ha ha!

I often think what will happen to Kesler when his current contract is up. He's the type of player that should be a Canuck for life, but I can see him wanting to bolt and play for a major US market (i.e. Detroit). I could see a nasty break up between Kesler and the Canucks, but hopefully it doesn't happen.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.