The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden being traded was the best thing for Canucks

grandmaster

I have to say that the Linden trade was one of the best trades in Canuck history, regardless of my hate for Messier and Keenan (of course Nonuts and Burke picked up on it's legacy years later)

This trade was epic in terms of it having such longstanding effects.

Linden for Bertuzzi = probably the best power forward in Canuck history.

This then became Luongo, who is still here and the best goalie in Canuck history

I'm not done!

We also got McCabe who was a very good D man that later turned to one of the future hall of famer Sedins!

What's even funny is that Linden came back to finish his career here and we didn't have to give up much to get him (I think it was a late pick).

There is no doubt the Linden trade was a great trade and brought back a lot to the Canucks. Its been a huge win for the Canucks. I think a lot of ppl don' like the trade simply because of emotions, but if one looks at the trade objectively it was a great trade.

When we got Linden back I'm pretty sure we paid a 1st round pick for him, not a "late round pick".

I have to say that the Linden trade was one of the best trades in Canuck history, regardless of my hate for Messier and Keenan (of course Nonuts and Burke picked up on it's legacy years later)

This then became Luongo, who is still here and the best goalie in Canuck history

I'm not done!

We also got McCabe who was a very good D man that later turned to one of the future hall of famer Sedins!

What's even funny is that Linden came back to finish his career here and we didn't have to give up much to get him (I think it was a late pick).

I'm not done!

In hindsight, yes. But, at the time, it was like the heart and soul was being ripped out of the team. You can always look at trades after the fact and state that they're "good/bad" but, at the time, it's impossible to know how things will pan out.

So, although things did play out rather favourably for the team in the end, we (fans) had no way of knowing that and it was a pretty devastating move at the time. Despite the eventual (positive) outcome.

Archived