The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas executes mentally impaired inmate.

Ovech Trick

Not if you have a law like Texas, where if there are 3 or more credible eye witnesses and over welming scientic proof then there is no 15 year appeals process, you go straight to the front of the line.

Like Ron White says

"I'm from Texas and in Texas we have the death penalty and we use it. That's right, if you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back. That's our policy. Right now there's a bill in the Texas legislature that would speed up the execution process of those convicted of a heinous crime with more than three credible witnesses. If more than three people saw you do what you did you don't sit on death row for 15 years Jack, you go straight to the front of the line. Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty. My state's puttin in an express lane"

Revenge is selfish. However to allow one the quality of life that they took from another is unfair. And taking a chance that the killer won't kill again but does. When you could have prevented it. That's just stupid. When dogs attack people they are deemed a risk and put down. I feel the exact same way about when a person kills.

Psychopathy is more of a personality disorder than a mental disorder. Features like lack of empathy, sense of grandeur, impulsivity, irresponsibility etc. They're in a proper enough state of mind to understand what they are doing, so yes they should be punished if they do indeed do something wrong. However, not all psychopaths commit crimes. Some people's bosses on here could be classified as psychopaths :blink:

Psychotics (or psychosis) is probably what you were referring to. These guys hallucinate and hear sounds.

I really think in this case the inmate's IQ is irrelevant...after all, in the early part of the 1900's, they used to throw people into a mental hospital for being a "genius". But, the point I think matters most, is the guy killed someone, knew exactly what he was doing, and all this was in my view was a last ditch effort by a legal counsel to save him from the death penalty. They don't stay an execution because an inmate has an abnormally high IQ, so they shouldn't make an exception for one who has an abnormally low one.

No, stuff happens we will never have a perfect system, but if I have to chose between spending over $100000 a year for a criminal or uping my parents cpp, my nephews getting better daycare, healthcare etc im choosing the latter.

Revenge is selfish. However to allow one the quality of life that they took from another is unfair. And taking a chance that the killer won't kill again but does. When you could have prevented it. That's just stupid. When dogs attack people they are deemed a risk and put down. I feel the exact same way about when a person kills.

I was outlining the similarities between a dog attack and when a mentally challenged human attacks. Both are not aware of what they are doing as being wrong. However they still pose a threat and because they are unaware, even more so. If they can't understand what they did and if it was wrong is there not a recurrent risk?

I was outlining the similarities between a dog attack and when a mentally challenged human attacks. Both are not aware of what they are doing as being wrong. However they still pose a threat and because they are unaware, even more so. If they can't understand what they did and if it was wrong is there not a recurrent risk?

Archived