The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas executes mentally impaired inmate.

Ovech Trick

It will prevent them from ever killing someone else. And yes if someone murders my mother. I wouldn't want that person walking around enjoying the rest of their life. That goes for anyone else's mother/brother/sister/family but the family should definately hold the triumph card. If a victims family should not want the death penalty I would be ok with that.

It will prevent them from ever killing someone else. And yes if someone murders my mother. I wouldn't want that person walking around enjoying the rest of their life. That goes for anyone else's mother/brother/sister/family but the family should definately hold the trump card. If a victims family should not want the death penalty I would be ok with that.

What makes you more angry:

That this 'mentally impaired' man was put to death for killing a Police informant

or

The 'mentally impaired' man who beheaded and ate an innocent man on a Greyhound bus is basically free, other than the fact he has to be followed around by a nurse and a Peace Officer

What makes you more angry:

That this 'mentally impaired' man was put to death for killing a Police informant

or

The 'mentally impaired' man who beheaded and ate an innocent man on a Greyhound bus is basically free, other than the fact he has to be followed around by a nurse and a Peace Officer

If they are in jail, I'd hardly compare them to a child, that's implying that they're innocent..

So yes, I don't think there should be a difference on how harsh the punishment is based on the person's intelligence.

How much does it cost to give someone lethal injection? $5000? $10000? $30000? Do know how much it costs to house, feed, bath, and provide education for 1 person for up to 60 or 70 years?

I assumed it cost less.

The High Cost of the Death Penalty

The death penalty is much more expensive than life without parole because the Constitution requires a long and complex judicial process for capital cases. This process is needed in order to ensure that innocent men and woman are not executed for crimes they did not commit, and even with these protections the risk of executing an innocent person can not be completely eliminated.

If the death penalty was replaced with a sentence of Life Without the Possibility of Parole*, which costs millions less and also ensures that the public is protected while eliminating the risk of an irreversible mistake, the money saved could be spent on programs that actually improve the communities in which we live. The millions of dollars in savings could be spent on: education, roads, police officers and public safety programs, after-school programs, drug and alcohol treatment, child abuse prevention programs, mental health services, and services for crime victims and their families.

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42

So our system of punishment and rehabilitation should be built around vengeance and making the victim's family feel better? What about the killer's family, they didn't murder anyone and to them losing their murderer/mentally challenged son will be just as awful as it was on the victim's family. Now you have two families who've lost someone. Except now we've also spent more money to kill this person to satisfy someone's blood thirst than it'd cost to house them for the rest of their life.

And that's to say nothing at all of the justice system that's prone to corruption, miscarriage of the law, and other non-ethical behavior. Or of the police, which is also quite prone to forging evidence, false claims, and a long list of dirty laundry.

Finally, who do we murder after the victim turns out to be innocent of the crime but pushing daisies?

He had the mental capacity to deal cocaine, kidnap and murder this supposed "snitch" he should be dealt with according to the laws where the crime occured. I personally favor the death penalty provided the person has been proven scientically and by credible eye witness(also a mandatory 2X appeal process) to have commited the murder, then they (male or female) should be executed humanely (I'd prefer that they were executed in the same manor they killed a person but thats considered too barbaric nowdays) they gave up their "human rights" when they took someone else's away imho.

The cost of holding just one of these wastes of skin in a Canadian jail is:

$113 974per year

$3 419 220 for a 30 year sentance. ($1 139 740 per 10 years of incarceration)

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/28/it-costs-113000-a-year-to-lodge-a-federal-prisoner-report

2006 canadian prison stats

http://www.prisonjustice.ca/politics/facts_stats.html

He had the mental capacity to deal cocaine, kidnap and murder this supposed "snitch" he should be dealt with according to the laws where the crime occured. I personally favor the death penalty provided the person has been proven scientically and by credible eye witness(also a mandatory 2X appeal process) to have commited the murder, then they (male or female) should be executed humanely (I'd prefer that they were executed in the same manor they killed a person but thats considered too barbaric nowdays) they gave up their "human rights" when they took someone else's away imho.

The cost of holding just one of these wastes of skin in a Canadian jail is:

$113 974per year

$3 419 220 for a 30 year sentance. ($1 139 740 per 10 years of incarceration)

http://www.torontosu...prisoner-report

2006 canadian prison stats

http://www.prisonjus...acts_stats.html

Archived