#1 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

POPULAR

i really do i hope he is scuba diving, swimming exotic lakes and going to beaches .........
eating nice steaks and what not

lets be honest i look this team and compare it to other teams around the league I dont see improvments heck on paper...

this team doesn't look like a contender

now garrison is just a replacement for Sami Salo

holes left in scoring

3rd line 4th line grinders?

#2 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

POPULAR

I really hope you stop making threads.

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#3 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Garrison is not a replacement for Salo hes for both salo and rome. But an upgrade.

Posted Image

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#4 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

maybe since the weathers not so great he will decide to actually get stuff done.

#5 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts

Our D is better, our forwards are no different. MG isn't done, he's waiting on Doan so he can move in direction A or direction B. Don't freak out until training camp starts

#6 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

good teams don't need improvements as they are already great.

#7 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

there aren't many more improvements you can really make at this point or any point of this offseason. What this team needs is for some prospects to take the next step. Teams around the league are not farms to make our team better. Requiring pieces takes assets that we honestly do not have. free agency was giving out contracts that this team cannot afford.

Sami Salo was offered a deal that gillis was not willing to give. most people wouldn't have either.

Garrison is a younger player that had a good season. He is a replacement for Salo who really doesn't have much time left.

if the team isn't a contender then so be it.

#8 Grape

Grape

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Off season isn't over ya know?

Not everything has to be completed on July 1st ya know?

You can stop hating ya know?

Do you really think Gillis is doing nothing just because of that picture? The Doan situation is holding a lot of things up, Gillis was heavily pursuing Weber, he met for hours in Weber's place in Kamloops. Now he's pursuing Doan, and listening to Lu offers, what else can you ask from our GM?

And BTW, I don't know a team that has about 10 3rd and 4th line grinders, and scoring options like we do.

Edit: Can I ask you which teams have made themselves better than us this offseason?

Edited by The Great Honey Badger, 08 August 2012 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image
Sig made by The Great Honey Badger™

Don't Click!

#9 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

there aren't many more improvements you can really make at this point or any point of this offseason. What this team needs is for some prospects to take the next step. Teams around the league are not farms to make our team better. Requiring pieces takes assets that we honestly do not have. free agency was giving out contracts that this team cannot afford.

Sami Salo was offered a deal that gillis was not willing to give. most people wouldn't have either.

Garrison is a younger player that had a good season. He is a replacement for Salo who really doesn't have much time left.

Luongo is a huge asset, the question is how moveable is he. Goalies like Luongo are rarely available by trade. Most teams keep onto franchise goalies, lucky for us we have 2.

#10 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,644 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

GARRISON
GARRISON
GARRISON
GARISSON

He's a more durable, younger, and more defensively responsible Salo!

We're in on Shane Doan, one of the reported final 3 teams

We were in on Weber, he was interested, but didn't put in an offer because Nashville would match

Working on a Luongo trade. These things take time.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#11 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Patience, Grasshopper.

#12 Grape

Grape

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Doan? 3rd line centre? Backup? I'm sure there are a lot, but OP sounds like he thinks that MG isn't doing anything for them.
Posted Image Posted Image
Sig made by The Great Honey Badger™

Don't Click!

#13 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

The Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.