The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I really hope Gillis is enjoying his summer

yete

i really do i hope he is scuba diving, swimming exotic lakes and going to beaches .........

eating nice steaks and what not

lets be honest i look this team and compare it to other teams around the league I dont see improvments heck on paper...

this team doesn't look like a contender

now garrison is just a replacement for Sami Salo

holes left in scoring

3rd line 4th line grinders?

there aren't many more improvements you can really make at this point or any point of this offseason. What this team needs is for some prospects to take the next step. Teams around the league are not farms to make our team better. Requiring pieces takes assets that we honestly do not have. free agency was giving out contracts that this team cannot afford.

Sami Salo was offered a deal that gillis was not willing to give. most people wouldn't have either.

Garrison is a younger player that had a good season. He is a replacement for Salo who really doesn't have much time left.

if the team isn't a contender then so be it.

Off season isn't over ya know?

Not everything has to be completed on July 1st ya know?

You can stop hating ya know?

Do you really think Gillis is doing nothing just because of that picture? The Doan situation is holding a lot of things up, Gillis was heavily pursuing Weber, he met for hours in Weber's place in Kamloops. Now he's pursuing Doan, and listening to Lu offers, what else can you ask from our GM?

And BTW, I don't know a team that has about 10 3rd and 4th line grinders, and scoring options like we do.

Edit: Can I ask you which teams have made themselves better than us this offseason?

there aren't many more improvements you can really make at this point or any point of this offseason. What this team needs is for some prospects to take the next step. Teams around the league are not farms to make our team better. Requiring pieces takes assets that we honestly do not have. free agency was giving out contracts that this team cannot afford.

Sami Salo was offered a deal that gillis was not willing to give. most people wouldn't have either.

Garrison is a younger player that had a good season. He is a replacement for Salo who really doesn't have much time left.

GARRISON

GARRISON

GARRISON

GARISSON

He's a more durable, younger, and more defensively responsible Salo!

We're in on Shane Doan, one of the reported final 3 teams

We were in on Weber, he was interested, but didn't put in an offer because Nashville would match

Working on a Luongo trade. These things take time.

Archived