The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whats our BackupPlan?

carlweezer

You use your own head.

I employ people, and I hand out the job description. For their $80 grand they have to do what the job description entails. At work we offer people input and make decisions on best for all, but we certainly don't let people get away with writing their own job desription because they whinge. And I decide who gets promoted. The bottom line is if I'm paying its my decision.

As for Lou, he signed a $50,000,000 contract. I'm stuck paying him, you bet I expect him to compete and outperform the rookies and up and comers. I have NO parience for a stance where, "Oh geez guys, my feelings are hurt cuz I'm not starter." In fact, that is what is hurting his trade value.

Yip, get yer arse back in the net and stop pucks son.Start playing for the team and the trade value returns. And you bet he can rot where ever you can put him if he signs that big a contract and then turns into a weenie.

Great argument.

I'm sure that there'd be no awkwardness whatsoever if Luongo's brought back, and his role is to play every 8th game or so. Oh, him and Schneider are "friends", right? So for that reason Lou is fine to essentially throw in the towel on his career, and rot on the Canucks' bench for the next decade?

Use your freaking head. Luongo CANNOT be brought back. This is a bad situation, make no mistake about it, no matter how hard Mike Gillis is trying to downplay it. Anyone that can put their bias aside and think for themselves for a minute can easily see why Luongo being brought back helps NOTHING. His value will only get WORSE, as will the Canucks' locker room.

As for Lou, he signed a $50,000,000 contract. I'm stuck paying him, you bet I expect him to compete and outperform the rookies and up and comers. I have NO parience for a stance where, "Oh geez guys, my feelings are hurt cuz I'm not starter." In fact, that is what is hurting his trade value.

Great argument.

I'm sure that there'd be no awkwardness whatsoever if Luongo's brought back, and his role is to play every 8th game or so. Oh, him and Schneider are "friends", right? So for that reason Lou is fine to essentially throw in the towel on his career, and rot on the Canucks' bench for the next decade?

Use your freaking head. Luongo CANNOT be brought back. This is a bad situation, make no mistake about it, no matter how hard Mike Gillis is trying to downplay it. Anyone that can put their bias aside and think for themselves for a minute can easily see why Luongo being brought back helps NOTHING. His value will only get WORSE, as will the Canucks' locker room.

You use your own head.

I employ people, and I hand out the job description. For their $80 grand they have to do what the job description entails. At work we offer people input and make decisions on best for all, but we certainly don't let people get away with writing their own job desription because they whinge. And I decide who gets promoted. The bottom line is if I'm paying its my decision.

Yip, get yer arse back in the net and stop pucks son.Start playing for the team and the trade value returns. And you bet he can rot where ever you can put him if he signs that big a contract and then turns into a weenie.

I still hold the belief that we could have beat LA with the roster we had. With Daniel out of the lineup to start the series, and the team not playing up to potential until Schnieder took over, we didnt even give ourselves a chance. And had we beaten them, I dont see any reason why that same team couldnt have gone deep.

We have certainly improved with the addition of Garrison. The guy eats 1st pairing minutes, plays in every situation, is extremely responsible with the puck, has a killer shot, and is physical.

Of course the addition of Doan and/or Arnott would seriously improve the team, but its hardly a reason to panic if we cant.

How does showing our individual and team salaries support your argument that this is a 2nd round team at best? If that's your opinion then fair enough but mine is that this team is a top 5 team at worst. For one they've lost to the SC winners the past 2 seasons so I'm not really sure how that automatically makes them a 2nd round team.

I still hold the belief that we could have beat LA with the roster we had. With Daniel out of the lineup to start the series, and the team not playing up to potential until Schnieder took over, we didnt even give ourselves a chance. And had we beaten them, I dont see any reason why that same team couldnt have gone deep.

You have completely left out the one point that makes this argument completely void. Luongo controls his fate, not GMMG.

So far Luongo has listed just 2 teams that he would be willing to go to. So your thinking that the reason we dont have a top 6 coming back because Lu has no value is rubbish. If Luongo didnt have a problem being traded to anyone in the league it would have been a done deal already, and yes the return would be substantial.

You armchair GMs think you have it all figured out. The reason he hasnt been traded has 0 to do with his value. None.

Read the above post verrrry sloooooooowly, children. Let it sink in.

You have completely left out the one point that makes this argument completely void. Luongo controls his fate, not GMMG.

So far Luongo has listed just 2 teams that he would be willing to go to. So your thinking that the reason we dont have a top 6 coming back because Lu has no value is rubbish. If Luongo didnt have a problem being traded to anyone in the league it would have been a done deal already, and yes the return would be substantial.

You armchair GMs think you have it all figured out. The reason he hasnt been traded has 0 to do with his value. None.

With Daniel returning from a concussion and Kes KNOWINGLY having been injured to the degree it effected his performance deeply all year why in the world did Gillis.org throw Luongo when the Canucks were going nowhere this year,anyways.

Gillis has painted himself in the corner from a series of blunders.Now we get to see the continuation of AS THE GILLIS SQUIRMS.

You use your own head.

Luongo can fetch a top 6 player and a prospect. And I'd much rather have consistent playoff goaltending instead of a slightly higher return on a goalie trade. Luongo is Jeckyl and Hyde in the playoffs, one game he'll be good, one game he'll choke massively. He's shown that tendency year after year after year, it's time to give Schneider a shot. All high pressure games he's had he's done admirably, and if the LA series games is any indication, he'll be a far superior playoff goaltender to Luongo.

Yes he hasn't played tons of games etc etc I've heard all the tired arguments 1000x. Point is, we know at this point Luongo will be inconsistent in the playoffs, whereas with Schneider there's a good chance he'll be the solid goaltender who excels in high pressure games that we need to push us over the top. He matched Quick's level of play in the LA series and I see great things coming from him in the future. And yes we need more goal scoring but we also need more consistent post season goaltending. Our scoring will hopefully improve this year if we get luckier with injuries and add another top 6 with the Luongo trade or FA signing with Doan/Arnott.

you sir are stuck in the past

1) did you watch that la series!?!??! the kings steam rolled over the canucks, what has changed since then that change the outcome of the series if we met up again...garrison for salo!?!? nope not gonna happen (if we had daniel at teh start of the series then who knows but we didnt and these are the facts)

2) you are referring to this team that went to the stanley cup finals

sedin-sedin-burrows

higgins-kesler-samuelsson

torres-malhotra-hansen

raymond-lapierre-oreo

hamhuis-bieksa

edler-ehrhoff

ballard-salo

luongo

schneider

give or take some injuries but still THIS is a stanley cup contending team, not the one you see today

I think this is not a very good comparison. Luongo is on a 12-year long contract, whereas you're talking about what I can only assume is a permanent employee. Luongo's ties with the organization are severed when one of these happens:

a. 12 years are up.

b. His contract is bought out.

c. His contract is traded to another team.

d. He retires prior to his contract expiration date.

Archived