The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whats our BackupPlan?

carlweezer

Gillis-Hey Luo,we got four trade offers for Cory and only two for you so it is like we planned it all along-I traded Cory.

Luo-Not so fast,Mikey.I got a good thing going down here in the sun and all the pizzas I can eat for free so I am staying.

Gillis-What are you talking about? That L.A. game 5 was just a ruse,a ploy,set up for thrashing the bushes-I thought we had a deal?

Luo-Mike,I told you in May,June and July I am not coming back to Vancouver so you better hold on to Cory.I 'm done.

Gillis-What? I already traded him.No hard feelings.Life is great in Vancouver,you know that.We love you here.

Luo-Mike,I'm done.Please don't phone me at home again.You have my agent's #. Click.

Think about what you are saying, how would this conversation go between Gillis and Luongo and Cory.

Gillis - umm... Ya we ummm... tried to trade you as you requested, but knowone really wanted to give us anything back for you...sooo we traded Cory and got back a unbelievable package!! So you wanna stay now? Now that you are the man again?

Luongo - ok

Gillis - hey Cory how is your summer going?

Cory, not bad, can't wait to get back on the ice though!!

Gillis - not my ice, we traded you

Cory -WTF we just signed a contr...

Gillis - *click*

Only thing is that Manny wasn't there for the playoffs. So this team is wrong. Samuelsson was also injured.

So take those players out. Giving us

Sedin - Sedin - Burr

Raymond - Kesler - Higgins

Torres - Lappy - Hansen

Glass - Hodgson/Bolduc/Manny at end etc - Oreo.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Ehrhoff

Ballard - Salo.

Now having Booth, Kassian and Garrision actually sounds better than this team. Althugh Ehrhoff cancels getting Garrison by a bit.

they put away a lot of points before manny got hurt. that team was unstoppable

sedin-sedin-burrows

raymond-kelser-booth

higgins-lapierre-hansen

pinizzotto-malhotra-weise

hamhuis-bieksa

edler-garrison

ballard-tanev

alberts-joslin

1) raymond sucks and he probs gonna fade away....you are kidding yourself if you think he is gonna stabilize the 2nd line

2) we have a solid 4th line center in a 3rd line spot full time, which is probably putting a little too much on lapierres plate

3) kassian hasnt developed into a effective player....yet....so you cant count on him to be a contributor (he needs a year in chicago playing top line minutes)

4) what if garrison goes back to being ordinary??!?!? you have gotta bring in a another nhl veteran to push joslin down the depth chart

5) kesler and booth have no chemistry so what has mg done to change that....they are both north south player who love to shoot the puck and the need a skilled winger to pass the puck

this is still a playoff team and a nw division title winning team but to put them up against a team like the nyr, pit, bos, phi (if brys can stop the puck), or la....then frankly we dont stand a chance

BUT this is not gonna be the team you see on opening night so theres nothing to worry about....mg sees the same stuff we do and knows what needs to be done

Archived