The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What do you think of this Guy? ( I really think he will be a Canuck)

carlweezer

"In his second OHL campaign, he finished tied for fifth with 34 points in 67 games"

WTF does that mean? Certainly not 5th in the league. Fifth on his team? In any case, is half a point per game in junior supposed to be an impressive fact to add to his resume?

That's the kind of physical presence we need on our third or fourth line,especially in the playoffs. The only heavy bodycheckers we've had there have been Rome and Alberts when they've been switched up. We need that type of pressure on opposing D in a long playoff series..and he's ready now.

Seriously, I look at what everyone is saying here and I don't understand... We do not need a center. We do not need a forward... if anything we could use a guy like Doan of a banger that can skate and score a bit.

What we really need a defenseman. We need a stud. A shut down with speed and toughness. Eddler's value is high. In the beg games and through out the year he drives me crazy by making mistakes at the worst possible time. However his body of work is good and we could really trade him for something now.

I say forget all this talk. Trade Luongo for Shawn Mathias and Keaton Ellerby and a draft exchange and have it done with. Then Trade Eddler, Ballard, Schroeder to Winnipeg for Byfugglin and Cormier.

Then we have a tough and fast team with some size on the back end. It is not rocket science. Get er done MG.

When I started reading this thread, I immediately thought David Legwand and was very confused as he is massively overpaid (4.5 mil).

But, lots of the stats/info the OP put up mirror Legwand's career:

Big 6'2, 204 lbs.

Centre

Shoots Left

Drafted by a team that has been successful with its draft picks (Nashville)

Legwand played in the OHL (however I didn't know he only played for 2 years) and was an impact player.

He has never been a goal scorer (though is certainly much more accomplished than SM) and has been considered a bit of a bust (drafted 2nd overall)

Only thing that changed my mind is that the OP said he was under 27 and similar to Bert.

Archived