#1 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

POPULAR

Take two hours out of your day and watch this video. This is probably the greatest documentary I have ever watched, and it will change your perspective not only on Marijuana, but on the world.

If you don't have time too watch it, take a listen to this man, Joe Rogan:

A change is needed, and this is it.

Edited by Tystick, 11 August 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,662 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

nvm

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 08 August 2012 - 02:37 PM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

POPULAR

it should be legalized so we don't have to see these threads anymore
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#4 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

...............pothead
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#5 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

I used to think it should be legal now I am not so sure anymore.

Medicinal reasons for sure, but for recreational use, not sure I like the idea of young kids smoking weed and burning brain cells.

#6 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

i believe that a person should have the right to decide how they poison their own body. Be it heroin, crack, marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, or McDonald's.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

no thanks, marijuana smells awful and despite what people say it does have negative effects on health especially at a young age & i really dont want to smell that everytime i go outside. Cigarettes should be illegal only substance that is legal that is known to kill you and everyone else around you. such a joke its legal.

call me an old fuddy duddy but ill be the old man with all my brain cells and functioning lungs thank you very much.

#8 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think everyone already knows it should be legal.

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#9 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,075 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

POPULAR

Medicinal reasons for sure, but for recreational use, not sure I like the idea of young kids smoking weed and burning brain cells.

That's actually a myth. Also, kids will end up smoking pot most likely whether it's legal or not. The fact that it's illegal makes some kids want to smoke even more. It's very possible that if legalized, underaged smoking would decrees due to price increase etc. It's possible it wont, but I think if legalized, it wont make it any worse for underage smoking. I just honestly see if Cigarettes and alcohol are legal, Marijuana should also be legalized and have stores that sell it alike liquor stores.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#10 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,259 posts

First off I am not a user and have no use for it. That said, it's a natural plant that occurs in nature. God or whoever created the planet put it here for a purpose. If people think they're smarter than the entity that created the Earth they need to get a grip.

Makes as much sense as banning carrots.

#11 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,509 posts

i believe that a person should have the right to decide how they poison their own body. Be it heroin, crack, marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, or McDonald's.

Exactly, if you can even call it a poison. Death has been associated directly to every single one of those except Marijuana.
Posted Image

#12 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,298 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

I recently started smoking pot again after quitting for probably 15 years after having back surgery for a disc injury. I am still in considerable pain since the surgery from the nerve pain. I was not a big fan of taking T3's, Oxycontin, or other pain killers all the time so i started smoking again for medicinal reason. I do take the odd T3 but a couple joints a day and my pain is tolerable.

I agree that it should be legalized, but it needs to be highly regulated.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 08 August 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#13 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

Where's Tommy Chong when you need him? ;)

Seriously though, as one poster already pointed out, there's not been a single death, other than an allergic reaction attributed to the use of marijuana...but the reason it will NEVER be completely legal, is too many people would lose too much money (from kickbacks and other sordid ways) and they simply will never allow that to happen.
Posted Image

#14 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

That's actually a myth. Also, kids will end up smoking pot most likely whether it's legal or not. The fact that it's illegal makes some kids want to smoke even more. It's very possible that if legalized, underaged smoking would decrees due to price increase etc. It's possible it wont, but I think if legalized, it wont make it any worse for underage smoking. I just honestly see if Cigarettes and alcohol are legal, Marijuana should also be legalized and have stores that sell it alike liquor stores.

Chronic pot smokers have issues with remembering things, I don't need a study to tell me that, I can tell after spending a minute with buddies who smoke all day, and have for 30+ years.

#15 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Reeks to bad.
Posted Image

#16 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 15,412 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Because that doesn't already happen with illegal marijuana...?
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,298 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Chronic pot smokers have issues with remembering things, I don't need a study to tell me that, I can tell after spending a minute with buddies who smoke all day, and have for 30+ years.

Ill attest to that, since I started again around a month ago or so, I have noticed my short term memory has taken a hit.

#18 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,075 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

Then your friends may just be goofs. Marijuana causes short term memory loss for sure, but it is proven that there is no long term or permanent effects from it.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#19 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Why marijuana should remain illegal:

People over use it. There is no control or moderation any more.
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#20 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Then your friends may just be goofs. Marijuana causes short term memory loss for sure, but it is proven that there is no long term or permanent effects from it.

Yeah, they are goofs with their own body shops and various businesses.

Chronic marijuana use creates issues with your memory period, whether you believe it or not.

Keep on puffing, you will realize it or forget in time anyways. :lol:

#21 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

...............pothead

so if you drink any alcohol at all you're a pisshead ?

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#22 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, they are goofs with their own body shops and various businesses.

Chronic marijuana use creates issues with your memory period, whether you believe it or not.

Keep on puffing, you will realize it or forget in time anyways. :lol:

you know this from experience ?

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#23 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

PFFFT. I got news for you, bub...even if someone does "overuse" marijuana...they still aren't going to jump behind the wheel of a car and go kill someone recklessly...you "overuse" pot...and your ass is going to pass out on the couch, but only after you've eaten everything in the pantry. :lol:
Posted Image

#24 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

Because that doesn't already happen with illegal marijuana...?

It obviously happens.....................just wander into Canucks Talk or Proposals section and it becomes pretty apparent
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#25 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Where's Tommy Chong when you need him? ;)

Seriously though, as one poster already pointed out, there's not been a single death, other than an allergic reaction attributed to the use of marijuana...but the reason it will NEVER be completely legal, is too many people would lose too much money (from kickbacks and other sordid ways) and they simply will never allow that to happen.

I wouldn't say never, there's more of a chance of it happening in Canada. We are allowed to smoke, regulate and sell the plant on April 20th in downtown Vancouver, buy seeds and glass from hemp shops, yet it is strictly illegal to grow it? How stupid does that sound.

One of the main reasons it will be pushed to remain illegal is billions of dollars would be lost in pharmaceutical companies. Why legalize this plant that can treat over 250 medical conditions when we're making more money this way.

Edit: Awesome sig btw, is that Alexi? B)

Edited by Tystick, 08 August 2012 - 03:31 PM.

Posted Image

#26 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

If you want control and moderation you should want it legalised.

Before prohibition was ended in the US main thing to drink was hard stuff. The stronger it is the more $$/transport and the easier to conceal. Easier to hid a mickey than a case of beer.

After prohibition they could regulate the manufacturing of booze and as a result for example they ended up producing 3.2 beer earlier and in greater quantities allowing it to become the new (cheaper but also less potent) drink of choice for the masses. The result of this regulation still echoes in the lower potentcy american booze of today.

The more you hate the crime the more you can put crime out of business by undercutting it if it's legal. The more you hate the smell the more you can regulate the hell out of it and more effectively regulate where and when it's used like they do with booze and cigarettes. The more you hate the health effects the more you should want to monitor it's chemical make-up and dosage through regulation. The more you want to keep it away from children the more you should want the sellers effectively regulated.

The only people that should want it illegal are potheads who currently enjoy the wild west prohibition system in place? If anything potheads should oppose it's legalisation with a "don't tax my weed dude" campaign.

#27 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

no thanks, marijuana smells awful and despite what people say it does have negative effects on health especially at a young age & i really dont want to smell that everytime i go outside. Cigarettes should be illegal only substance that is legal that is known to kill you and everyone else around you. such a joke its legal.

call me an old fuddy duddy but ill be the old man with all my brain cells and functioning lungs thank you very much.

Amen, I absolutely hate the smell of it if nothing else. And while there are high people that can function alright, just as there are "happy" drunks, for the most part both turn into complete idiots you just can't stand to be around. Although maybe I just live a very fulfilling life where I get high and drunk from it in a figurative sense and see absolutely no need to waste my time being impaired by any kind of drug.

All that junk is like a rocking chair, it keeps you busy and gets you nowhere.

#28 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

It should certainly be legalized for three reasons:

1) To control distribution and prevent underage usage.
2) To generate revenue from taxation.
3) To eliminate illegal trafficking rings (most consumers would shy away from illegal activity if it's easier to obtain by legal means).

That said, I support the legalization of marijuana because it would be, in fact, a slap in the face to a certain portion of the marijuana-smoking demographic.

I like the backhanded points made here by CollegeHumor:

Legalization would change the culture of marijuana consumption, perhaps make it less desirable or illustrious to some, and would feed the economy. Tax it, control it, dilute it, and eliminate the pothead culture.

Edited by WeatherWise, 08 August 2012 - 03:50 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#29 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

unlike alcohol or tobacco or caffiene or sugar, not saying I care one way or the other, just saying.
Posted Image

#30 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.