The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Marijuana should be Legalized

Tystick

Take two hours out of your day and watch this video. This is probably the greatest documentary I have ever watched, and it will change your perspective not only on Marijuana, but on the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnFJYxCx7zk&feature=related

If you don't have time too watch it, take a listen to this man, Joe Rogan:

A change is needed, and this is it.

no thanks, marijuana smells awful and despite what people say it does have negative effects on health especially at a young age & i really dont want to smell that everytime i go outside. Cigarettes should be illegal only substance that is legal that is known to kill you and everyone else around you. such a joke its legal.

call me an old fuddy duddy but ill be the old man with all my brain cells and functioning lungs thank you very much.

First off I am not a user and have no use for it. That said, it's a natural plant that occurs in nature. God or whoever created the planet put it here for a purpose. If people think they're smarter than the entity that created the Earth they need to get a grip.

Makes as much sense as banning carrots.

I recently started smoking pot again after quitting for probably 15 years after having back surgery for a disc injury. I am still in considerable pain since the surgery from the nerve pain. I was not a big fan of taking T3's, Oxycontin, or other pain killers all the time so i started smoking again for medicinal reason. I do take the odd T3 but a couple joints a day and my pain is tolerable.

I agree that it should be legalized, but it needs to be highly regulated.

Where's Tommy Chong when you need him? ;)

Seriously though, as one poster already pointed out, there's not been a single death, other than an allergic reaction attributed to the use of marijuana...but the reason it will NEVER be completely legal, is too many people would lose too much money (from kickbacks and other sordid ways) and they simply will never allow that to happen.

That's actually a myth. Also, kids will end up smoking pot most likely whether it's legal or not. The fact that it's illegal makes some kids want to smoke even more. It's very possible that if legalized, underaged smoking would decrees due to price increase etc. It's possible it wont, but I think if legalized, it wont make it any worse for underage smoking. I just honestly see if Cigarettes and alcohol are legal, Marijuana should also be legalized and have stores that sell it alike liquor stores.

Archived