The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Marijuana should be Legalized

Tystick

Health Issues Caused to User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana

Health Issues Caused to Those Around User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana

Chance of Addiction for the User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana

Evilness Portrayed by Non-Users: Marijuana > Alcohol and Cigarettes

Go ahead say it shouldn't be legal. But all the arguments you can make (even though most of the ones being made are false) apply to cigarettes and alcohol a heap load more than they do to marijuana.

Legalize, tax, and regulate it. With the exception of drug running gangs, nobody loses.

^ So true brother

Statistical evidence really isn't even in the picture here.. it's the head of an agency busy partying the night before rather than memorising her "plead the fifth"-esque cue card responses well enough. Her knowledge of everything on the subject questioned for is probably from a frying pan propaganda video.. someone needed to train her on how to evade questions like a presidential candidate.

People do like to hide behind "oh we need to legalize because of it's medical uses!" when really 98% of the people are really thinking"I just want it legal because I like to get high!". Honesty just isn't usually part of a discussion...

I don't do any drugs, or smoke, or drink, and I don't care if pot was legalized except that I'd say if it was, it should be regulated - by that I mean, people shouldn't be walking down the street doing it, just like they shouldn't be walking down the street drinking. because Pot is smoke into the air, the stench is forced on non user - just because something is legal doesn't mean that people who don't want to have anything to do with it should be subjected to it by those that do.

tax it and regulate it fairly.

People do like to hide behind "oh we need to legalize because of it's medical uses!" when really 98% of the people are really thinking"I just want it legal because I like to get high!". Honesty just isn't usually part of a discussion...

I don't do any drugs, or smoke, or drink, and I don't care if pot was legalized except that I'd say if it was, it should be regulated - by that I mean, people shouldn't be walking down the street doing it, just like they shouldn't be walking down the street drinking. because Pot is smoke into the air, the stench is forced on non user - just because something is legal doesn't mean that people who don't want to have anything to do with it should be subjected to it by those that do.

It's not even illegal to walk down the street smoking a cigarette in most places, but cigarette smoke is actually dangerous. That's the only reason it's been regulated in the way that it has. You can't claim that about marijuana smoke. I can't leave my building without smelling pot smoke three times, should these people all be fined as well? What about if I don't like the smell of Indian food, can I complain about that too?

It's not even illegal to walk down the street smoking a cigarette in most places, but cigarette smoke is actually dangerous. That's the only reason it's been regulated in the way that it has. You can't claim that about marijuana smoke. I can't leave my building without smelling pot smoke three times, should these people all be fined as well? What about if I don't like the smell of Indian food, can I complain about that too?

Cigarettes used to be fine EVERYWHERE, hell way back you would visit the doctor and he may examine you with a freakin cigarette hanging out of his mouth, so there have been pretty significant changes in where people are allowed to smoke, so I see your point as mostly irrelevant.

Comparing pot to the smell of a food is about as moronic a comparison as I've seen and isn't even worth any discussion.

If Pot is to be treated the same as alcohol, as it is a mind effecting substance, simple regulations about public consumption should be in place. I don't have a problem with you or anyone else's choice to use the substances, why would you feel it's your right to make it unavoidable for me to walk through clouds of it?

If you want your rights you had best be prepared to respect those of others.

Archived