The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Marijuana should be Legalized

Tystick

LOL @ this thread now. I think the issue of smell has been dealt with 5 times in this thread, and on the last page there's a guy complaining about smelling weed everywhere. In other words "I have an opinion, facts are irrelevant".

Hey Lenny, why are we taxing weed heavily?

"Secondhand smoke is classified as a “known human carcinogen” (cancer-causing agent) by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the US National Toxicology Program, and the International Agency

for Research on Cancer (IARC), a branch of the World Health Organization.

Tobacco smoke contains more than 7,000 chemical compounds. More than 250 of these chemicals are known to be harmful, and at least 69 are known to cause cancer.

SHS has been linked to lung cancer. There is also some evidence suggesting it may be linked with childhood leukemia and cancers of the larynx (voice box), pharynx (throat), brain, bladder, rectum, stomach, and breast."

http://www.cancer.or...econdhand-smoke

Right now whenever I purchase Cannabis, I'm giving money to an unregulated criminal organization that doesn't pay taxes.

Right now a portion of my tax dollars is spent policing against this, on top of that, we aren't receiving any money off this lucrative business.

Our taxes would take a double hit in a positive way with legalization.

Less money for police = less taxes.

Taxing cannabis = less taxes.

Simple math.

Also, these illegal marijuana grow-ops stealing millions in power every year? Legalization = problem solved.

Amen, I absolutely hate the smell of it if nothing else. And while there are high people that can function alright, just as there are "happy" drunks, for the most part both turn into complete idiots you just can't stand to be around. Although maybe I just live a very fulfilling life where I get high and drunk from it in a figurative sense and see absolutely no need to waste my time being impaired by any kind of drug.

All that junk is like a rocking chair, it keeps you busy and gets you nowhere.

Archived