300 replies to this topic

#181 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

So its cheap weed that your really interested in eh?

That tax money like any tax money can be used for all sorts of things.

Could help feed homeless people for example.

Think of it as ethical weed.

And cigarettes and alcohol are taxed to the max in canada. A pack of smoke in many countries costs less that 2 sometimes one dollar for the same pack you pay $14 for in canada.

I pay 30% tax on booze in the middle east and its about the same price as canada. Not to mention the cost of exportingbto the middle east and the fact that everything is a monopoly here.

Im all for a sugar tax as well. Coffee has no health affects so bad example.

Dont see why you are complaining about paying more taxes.

If alcohol was illegal and you drink, wouldn't you want legal, cheap alcohol? I have no problem paying tax, but I don't think it should be an arbitrary one as you're proposing. How about we have a tax on apples. Think of it as ethical apples. The point I'm making is that marijuana does not have a significant impact on health spending, or government spending of any kind, and there is no justifiable reason to tax it as one would alcohol. Taxing it as any other product is perfectly fine. Think of all the savings in law enforcement if you want to squeeze more money out of pot smokers. I'd welcome a higher tax on alcohol and cigarettes for their detrimental health effects any day.

I brought up coffee not for its health effects but for its physiological effects in general. There is no denying that it affects our body, so should we tax it as a drug? Caffeine is a drug by definition. Marijuana doesn't have any negative health effects if consumed in ways other than smoking directly (speaking of healthy adults). Do we tax it because it makes us feel good and hungry? Is it the fact that it provides a pleasant effect that should be subject to tax? A sin tax on a sinless activity?

There is no such thing as "to the max", it's a subjective term entirely dependent on where one takes his sample. Well, I guess they could be taxed to the max is there are no smokers in Canada due to taxes. Then you'd be on the money. However, that's not the case and just because other countries have cheaper cigarettes (and higher smoking rates to boot) doesn't mean Canadian taxes can't be raised (and probably will be, more than once). Same goes for alcohol.

I hope now you can see why I am complaining.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#182 kyledude

kyledude

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

^Man, what the hell is wrong with her

She was on a roll that day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFC2IZe04EY

#183 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

She was on a roll that day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFC2IZe04EY

People like that make me so angry. Even though there is proven statistical evidence, she still has to be as stubborn as possible. Such a closed-mind, it's disgusting.
Posted Image

#184 kyledude

kyledude

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,842 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

People like that make me so angry. Even though there is proven statistical evidence, she still has to be as stubborn as possible. Such a closed-mind, it's disgusting.

She's a bought-off hack.

By answering truthfully, she could potentially undermine her organization's agenda - which is, apparently, deceit and villainy. You can't have the drug war without either.

#185 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Statistical evidence really isn't even in the picture here.. it's the head of an agency busy partying the night before rather than memorising her "plead the fifth"-esque cue card responses well enough. Her knowledge of everything on the subject questioned for is probably from a frying pan propaganda video.. someone needed to train her on how to evade questions like a presidential candidate.

Edited by zaibatsu, 11 August 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#186 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:11 PM

Health Issues Caused to User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana
Health Issues Caused to Those Around User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana
Chance of Addiction for the User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana
Evilness Portrayed by Non-Users: Marijuana > Alcohol and Cigarettes

Go ahead say it shouldn't be legal. But all the arguments you can make (even though most of the ones being made are false) apply to cigarettes and alcohol a heap load more than they do to marijuana.

Legalize, tax, and regulate it. With the exception of drug running gangs, nobody loses.

Edited by Jagermeister, 11 August 2012 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image

#187 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

^ So true brother

Statistical evidence really isn't even in the picture here.. it's the head of an agency busy partying the night before rather than memorising her "plead the fifth"-esque cue card responses well enough. Her knowledge of everything on the subject questioned for is probably from a frying pan propaganda video.. someone needed to train her on how to evade questions like a presidential candidate.

Ya man, it's gross how much money actually has an effect on people. It's just a damn currency, and people still feel putting that above health, and issues in society is more important.
Posted Image

#188 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,975 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

^Man, what the hell is wrong with her

She's a genuine dumbarse.

She represents the DEA so well. A bunch of uneducated baboons with unlimited resources.

Health Issues Caused to User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana
Health Issues Caused to Those Around User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana
Chance of Addiction for the User: Alcohol and Cigarettes > Marijuana
Evilness Portrayed by Non-Users: Marijuana > Alcohol and Cigarettes

Go ahead say it shouldn't be legal. But all the arguments you can make (even though most of the ones being made are false) apply to cigarettes and alcohol a heap load more than they do to marijuana.

Legalize, tax, and regulate it. With the exception of drug running gangs, nobody loses.

Don't use logic! :frantic:

They can't handle logic.

Edited by Armada, 12 August 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#189 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

People do like to hide behind "oh we need to legalize because of it's medical uses!" when really 98% of the people are really thinking"I just want it legal because I like to get high!". Honesty just isn't usually part of a discussion...

I don't do any drugs, or smoke, or drink, and I don't care if pot was legalized except that I'd say if it was, it should be regulated - by that I mean, people shouldn't be walking down the street doing it, just like they shouldn't be walking down the street drinking. because Pot is smoke into the air, the stench is forced on non user - just because something is legal doesn't mean that people who don't want to have anything to do with it should be subjected to it by those that do.

tax it and regulate it fairly.

#190 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

People do like to hide behind "oh we need to legalize because of it's medical uses!" when really 98% of the people are really thinking"I just want it legal because I like to get high!". Honesty just isn't usually part of a discussion...

I don't do any drugs, or smoke, or drink, and I don't care if pot was legalized except that I'd say if it was, it should be regulated - by that I mean, people shouldn't be walking down the street doing it, just like they shouldn't be walking down the street drinking. because Pot is smoke into the air, the stench is forced on non user - just because something is legal doesn't mean that people who don't want to have anything to do with it should be subjected to it by those that do.

Agreed on regulate and tax it .. we should have regulations against farting in public and having any mass-producing animal farm within 3 kilometers of a Municipality .. smell is smell .. but effluent is affluent .. B)

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#191 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

i believe that a person should have the right to decide how they poison their own body. Be it heroin, crack, marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, or McDonald's.

If we're gonna ban stuff thats bad for us. Then ban all the things that are bad for us......McDonalds is a great start.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#192 Tim Thomas

Tim Thomas

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

should be legalized so we can all become slow :emot-parrot:

#193 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

should be legalized so we can all become slow :emot-parrot:

Oh please .. any slower and we'd have to drive in stakes to see if most folks were moving .. :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#194 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

It's not even illegal to walk down the street smoking a cigarette in most places, but cigarette smoke is actually dangerous. That's the only reason it's been regulated in the way that it has. You can't claim that about marijuana smoke. I can't leave my building without smelling pot smoke three times, should these people all be fined as well? What about if I don't like the smell of Indian food, can I complain about that too?

#195 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

It's not even illegal to walk down the street smoking a cigarette in most places, but cigarette smoke is actually dangerous. That's the only reason it's been regulated in the way that it has. You can't claim that about marijuana smoke. I can't leave my building without smelling pot smoke three times, should these people all be fined as well? What about if I don't like the smell of Indian food, can I complain about that too?

Mind telling me just how cigarette smoke is dangerous? I actually believe this is a myth perpetrated by opponents of Big Tobacco...I don't think it has any credibility.
Posted Image

#196 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Cigarettes used to be fine EVERYWHERE, hell way back you would visit the doctor and he may examine you with a freakin cigarette hanging out of his mouth, so there have been pretty significant changes in where people are allowed to smoke, so I see your point as mostly irrelevant.

Comparing pot to the smell of a food is about as moronic a comparison as I've seen and isn't even worth any discussion.

If Pot is to be treated the same as alcohol, as it is a mind effecting substance, simple regulations about public consumption should be in place. I don't have a problem with you or anyone else's choice to use the substances, why would you feel it's your right to make it unavoidable for me to walk through clouds of it?

If you want your rights you had best be prepared to respect those of others.

#197 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Cigarettes used to be fine EVERYWHERE, hell way back you would visit the doctor and he may examine you with a freakin cigarette hanging out of his mouth, so there have been pretty significant changes in where people are allowed to smoke, so I see your point as mostly irrelevant.

Comparing pot to the smell of a food is about as moronic a comparison as I've seen and isn't even worth any discussion.

If Pot is to be treated the same as alcohol, as it is a mind effecting substance, simple regulations about public consumption should be in place. I don't have a problem with you or anyone else's choice to use the substances, why would you feel it's your right to make it unavoidable for me to walk through clouds of it?

If you want your rights you had best be prepared to respect those of others.

It would without a doubt be regulated like alcohol.

Taxed heavily with rules about public consumption.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

View Postnhlconspiracy, on 21 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#198 Slender Man

Slender Man

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Relevant

Posted Image

~ FREE iE. ~

#199 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

LOL @ this thread now. I think the issue of smell has been dealt with 5 times in this thread, and on the last page there's a guy complaining about smelling weed everywhere. In other words "I have an opinion, facts are irrelevant".

Hey Lenny, why are we taxing weed heavily?

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

#200 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

LOL @ this thread now. I think the issue of smell has been dealt with 5 times in this thread, and on the last page there's a guy complaining about smelling weed everywhere. In other words "I have an opinion, facts are irrelevant".

My response to this thread is more along the lines of "Light up, or leave me alone." lol.
Posted Image

#201 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

My response to this thread is more along the lines of "Light up, or leave me alone." lol.

I just pulled a 12 hour day and am lighting up right now. frack all the haters that want me to be a criminal.

Posted Image

#202 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Relevant

Lol

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#203 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

I just pulled a 12 hour day and am lighting up right now. frack all the haters that want me to be a criminal.

Burn one for me, bro.
Posted Image

#204 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

Mind telling me just how cigarette smoke is dangerous? I actually believe this is a myth perpetrated by opponents of Big Tobacco...I don't think it has any credibility.

"Secondhand smoke is classified as a “known human carcinogen” (cancer-causing agent) by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the US National Toxicology Program, and the International Agency
for Research on Cancer (IARC), a branch of the World Health Organization.
Tobacco smoke contains more than 7,000 chemical compounds. More than 250 of these chemicals are known to be harmful, and at least 69 are known to cause cancer.
SHS has been linked to lung cancer. There is also some evidence suggesting it may be linked with childhood leukemia and cancers of the larynx (voice box), pharynx (throat), brain, bladder, rectum, stomach, and breast."

http://www.cancer.or...econdhand-smoke

Posted Image

#205 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

I thought it would be self evident considering the CDN govnt penchant for taxes especially on "vices".

Although feel free to live in your hypothetical world where it becomes legal and cheap and plentiful.

Logic at its finest.

#206 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

I thought it would be self evident considering the CDN govnt penchant for taxes especially on "vices".

Although feel free to live in your hypothetical world where it becomes legal and cheap and plentiful.

You're begging the question, you know that right? You're pushing the "high tax" narrative. We aren't talking about what the government will do when it's legal, this is more of a "what the government should do". You say it should be heavily taxed and I'm asking where you're basing your opinion. Sure, the government may well tax it highly and milk stoners, but I'm trying to get to the why. I've presented an argument in the first post on this page that you've conveniently avoided. Maybe you have bad short term memory? :lol:

Posted Image

#207 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

"Secondhand smoke is classified as a “known human carcinogen” (cancer-causing agent) by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the US National Toxicology Program, and the International Agency
for Research on Cancer (IARC), a branch of the World Health Organization.
Tobacco smoke contains more than 7,000 chemical compounds. More than 250 of these chemicals are known to be harmful, and at least 69 are known to cause cancer.
SHS has been linked to lung cancer. There is also some evidence suggesting it may be linked with childhood leukemia and cancers of the larynx (voice box), pharynx (throat), brain, bladder, rectum, stomach, and breast."

http://www.cancer.or...econdhand-smoke

well...if that's the case...tell cancer to hurry up and put me outa my misery already...if anything actually "causes" cancer...I'll be a monkey's uncle.
Posted Image

#208 Bleed Blue and Green

Bleed Blue and Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

I've heard of DMT and I'm more and more interested now

DeeCanucksBlog7_zps935c66c6.jpg

#209 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

I used to think it should be legal now I am not so sure anymore.

Medicinal reasons for sure, but for recreational use, not sure I like the idea of young kids smoking weed and burning brain cells.

So it being illegal is stopping this? Prohibition is a joke. It's not stopping people from using illegal substances, it just wastes our tax dollars policing it.

Give people the proper education, regulate it, and let people make their own choices.

I'm 22 and have been a fairly moderate smoker now for 2 years. It hasn't negatively impacted my life at all really. I work full-time, plan on going to school soon, I pay taxes, and it isn't some magic gateway drug that has me on the path to meth.

Making something legal doesn't mean everyone is going to run out and do it, legal doesn't = condoning something. Example: Alcohol and Tobacco.
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#210 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

Right now whenever I purchase Cannabis, I'm giving money to an unregulated criminal organization that doesn't pay taxes.

Right now a portion of my tax dollars is spent policing against this, on top of that, we aren't receiving any money off this lucrative business.

Our taxes would take a double hit in a positive way with legalization.

Less money for police = less taxes.

Taxing cannabis = less taxes.

Simple math.

Also, these illegal marijuana grow-ops stealing millions in power every year? Legalization = problem solved.
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.