Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Who was the worst player in the NHL last season?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

Scott Gomez was probably the worst value player but definitely not the worst player. I'd take Scott Gomez's production on my team for 700K.

What I want to know is who the most useless players in the NHL are. Guys who are neither goons nor call-ups and somehow stuck around for over half a season. Unfortunately my two examples were rookies, although Marty Reasoner almost made it in there. But because he played a bit of a defensive role on a horrible Islanders team I kept him off. Derek Joslin and Cam Barker should be included in the discussions, as should Marco Sturm and Ed Jovanovski (although he is more of a "bad value" player). Theo Peckam almost made it as well but at least he is tough.

Raymond should be nowhere near this list. He scored at about a 16 goal pace and was pretty good on the penalty kill. Not very good value at 2.5 million though.
Sig too big.

#32 Mase_Raymond_21

Mase_Raymond_21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

mason raymond for sure :emot-parrot:
Posted Image

#33 Bure fan

Bure fan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Scott Gomez was probably the worst value player but definitely not the worst player. I'd take Scott Gomez's production on my team for 700K.

What I want to know is who the most useless players in the NHL are. Guys who are neither goons nor call-ups and somehow stuck around for over half a season. Unfortunately my two examples were rookies, although Marty Reasoner almost made it in there. But because he played a bit of a defensive role on a horrible Islanders team I kept him off. Derek Joslin and Cam Barker should be included in the discussions, as should Marco Sturm and Ed Jovanovski (although he is more of a "bad value" player). Theo Peckam almost made it as well but at least he is tough.

Raymond should be nowhere near this list. He scored at about a 16 goal pace and was pretty good on the penalty kill. Not very good value at 2.5 million though.

Well said ! +1

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

#34 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Raymond was the worst player, bar none.

After returning from a broken back and only playing 55 games he still put up more points than a full season of Lapierre.

#35 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,483 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

Trevor Gillies. What a useless tit. Makes a professional living because he's massive and because he can pound someone's face to a pulp. Not because he can play hockey, because he can't.

I laugh at his track record. Between the ECHL, AHL and NHL, he's played for 15 teams. Basically putting a new jersey on every year since departing the OHL.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 09 August 2012 - 12:57 AM.

Posted Image

#36 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

If you're using the op criteria you can't say Gomez, he only played 38 games last year. That being said. Gomez, he transcends the criteria lol

#37 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

you may want to spell their names right, Mattias Tedenby and Nino Niederreiter

my vote would be for gomez, terrible production for his paycheck

R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.