Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Joel Ward in contact with FBI after racist tweets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

http://www.torontosu...ainst-joel-ward

It was sickening enough that Washington Capitals winger Joel Ward was the target of racist tweets after scoring the winning goal in Game 7 of the opening playoff round against the Boston Bruins.
But then the FBI got involved.
Ward, a Toronto native whose parents were born in Barbados, was able to shake off the threats and the crude remarks, saying they didn't affect him. The FBI was concerned, however.
"I had one phone call from an FBI agent who was scared for me," Ward told 102.1 radio in Toronto. "He was just asking some questions like, 'How's your family doing, how's everybody doing, are you OK? Did you get any weird messages?' So now I'm like, really freaked out."
All has been calm since then for the 31-year-old.
"I have to go follow up when I get back to D.C., just to kind make sure, clear things over," Ward said. "But I told him I was fine, my family's still living in the same place and all that."
Ward also revealed, in intimate detail, that he has had off-season surgery for a sports hernia.

CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#2 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,119 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

This FBI agent is definitely a good one. He actually seems to care.

There's definitely not enough people like him/her doing this.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#3 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

I would concern about him if I was an FBI, who knows what Bostonians would do to him?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#4 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

there's more money doing this:
Posted Image
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#5 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

I hope the FBI's help isn't needed, and the classless fans are just classless fans, nothing more.

#6 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

The 'intimate details' of his sports hernia recovery were pretty hilarious though. This was the quote according to Harrison Mooney's article over at Puck Daddy:

"I was being a single male laying in bed like that, I figured I'd try to relieve myself a little bit. Well, sure enough I got a nerve that kinda connect from my seeds us to my scarring that slowly prevents me from relieving myself."
"... It was like a dog-choker, just like a zap -- zoop."
"... So of course I panicked and called the doc. He's like, 'You just had surgery, come on.'"

#7 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

The whole situation is a joke, Bruins fans are idiots.

Yes, i know it's a generalization, but screw it. Every single Bruins fan in my mind is an idiot until proven otherwise.

Posted Image

#8 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

The whole situation is a joke, Bruins fans are idiots.

Yes, i know it's a generalization, but screw it. Every single Bruins fan in my mind is an idiot until proven otherwise.

Well technically this is how they generalize us after our "whole city rioted", so I guess it's a given we'd do the same back to them eh?

ZHRIYwo.gif

St. Louis Blues STHS GM small.png

Colorado Avalanche EHL GM small.png

#9 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Well technically this is how they generalize us after our "whole city rioted", so I guess it's a given we'd do the same back to them eh?

Yes! :lol:

#10 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Look how far our society has come. :picard:

It's pathetic. The whole group-mentality is exemplified in the worst way with sports fans. The whole us vs. them idea makes people really act like morons.

I laughed quite a bit for the Euro Cup commercials, saying how football brings the world together. If anything, organized sports separate people even more.

Every fan base has its idiots and classless individuals, but getting racist because the guy scored a goal is just about as low as you can get. It's too bad it's always the lowest denominator of fans that give a fan base its reputation.

RIP LB RR PD

#11 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

The 'intimate details' of his sports hernia recovery were pretty hilarious though. This was the quote according to Harrison Mooney's article over at Puck Daddy:

"I was being a single male laying in bed like that, I figured I'd try to relieve myself a little bit. Well, sure enough I got a nerve that kinda connect from my seeds us to my scarring that slowly prevents me from relieving myself."
"... So of course I panicked and called the doc. He's like, 'You just had surgery, come on.'"

Hahaha that's awesome

#12 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

Haha. I appreciate his honesty, but if that were me I would totally make up some lame excuse other than I re-injured my hand masturbating. That is totally going to come back to haunt him when the other team starts chirping.
But hey, a persons gotta do what a persons gotta do.

#13 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

Pretty sad when it comes to this. All he did was score a goal. Idiotic Bruins bandwagonners.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#14 White Goodman

White Goodman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

wow, i did not need to know that. going to be awkward in the locker room for him
Posted Image

#15 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Tim Thomas was probably making threats with a fake account.

sig by Malkin71

#16 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Pretty sad when it comes to this. All he did was score a goal. Idiotic Bruins bandwagonners.

Now just imagine what would happen if Ward was a Canuck and he scored the SCF Game 7 overtime winner against Boston...

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#17 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

still cant believe boston fans would do that. i would have liked to give them the benifit of the doubt, but much like tim thomas, they cant seem to pass up an oppertunity to make asses out of themselves.

#18 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Him and Couture are gonna get chirped so hard next season (if there is a season).

#19 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

I guess Ward isn't master of his own domain.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#20 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Now just imagine what would happen if Ward was a Canuck and he scored the SCF Game 7 overtime winner against Boston...

Canuck fans would be so overjoyed I'm sure they would watch his back :P

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#21 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

Oh some Boston Bruins fans.... :sadno:

This reminded me of that time during the game against Bruins this year. When Ebbett got his collarbone surgery there, weren't there cops standing outside his room because they feared some Boston Bruins fans will do something stupid/dangerous to him?

#22 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

I guess Ward isn't master of his own domain.

"I'm out"
Posted Image

#23 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

I jumped for joy the second he scored that goal. He will always be one of my favorite non-canuck players because of it!!!
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.