Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

six-0h-four-

Is it time to ditch the "Whale"?

266 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the Canucks' jersey combo for next season?

• Keep it the same. (Blue Home Whale, White Road Whale, Blue/Green Stick 3rd)
    • Blue/ Green Stick as main jersey, Whale Jersey as 3rd.
    • Blue/ Green Stick as main jersey, Millionaires as 3rd jersey.
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

163 posts in this topic

This thread pops up a few times every offseason.

No. There have been enough jersey changes over the years.

The stick in rink is soooooo dull and boring! Also it is not west coast whereas the Orca is purely west coast. I would love to a millionaires 3rd jersey.

Definitely time to get rid of that damn whale. Kesler keeps trying to live up to the logo on his jersey by diving all over the place.

The thing with our team is that our name is so ambiguous. 'Canucks'. Doesn't represent some animal or something. Pretty much the only reason we have so many jersey changes.

Was hoping this was a thread about trying to ditch a girlfriend that really let herself go.

The stick in rink is soooooo dull and boring! Also it is not west coast whereas the Orca is purely west coast. I would love to a millionaires 3rd jersey.

CAN WE JUST STICK WITH ONE FOR AWHILE????????????????????

i like the orca...its in the shape of a C and the Canucks start with a C ::D

For many years the Canucks didn't really have an identity....now they do...the Whale. As everyone on the westcoast knows, the whale means that the whole team functions as a team(or family) and not individually. It also means that the team (pod) looks out for one another. Together they can overcome any adversity and can defeat any opponent. They can be vicious and unrelenting. That is what the whale means to me......why would anyone want to start over.? Are we suffering an identity crisis again?

Im fine with the whale, I don't think we need another jersey

For many years the Canucks didn't really have an identity....now they do...the Whale. As everyone on the westcoast knows, the whale means that the whole team functions as a team(or family) and not individually. It also means that the team (pod) looks out for one another. Together they can overcome any adversity and can defeat any opponent. They can be vicious and unrelenting. That is what the whale means to me......why would anyone want to start over.? Are we suffering an identity crisis again?

Nope. Orca is here to stay. Thank God, because we finally have an identity.

Orca stays. Sorry kids.

One thing I will say is I'd love to see the flying skate logo as our 3rd jersey or something instead of the stick in rink. That'd bring back a ton of nostalgia I'd love to see it again.

One thing I will say is I'd love to see the flying skate logo as our 3rd jersey or something instead of the stick in rink. That'd bring back a ton of nostalgia I'd love to see it again.

No.

I would however love to see White as the home jersey.

My argument would be:

With the away wearing the dark jersey you get to see every NHL teams different color jersey when they come to play in Vancouver, instead of seeing white every fracking time.

Home: White

Away: Color

PLEASE! (yes I know this is a league decision)

Anyways as for your question I say keep the jerseys as is! - we don't need to change it again and again just because we think that's the norm. Look at some original six teams - we need to create a logo that holds the identity of the team for decades - rather than continually changing it.

Would love to see the Millionaires jersey as a 3rd this year

How can Fin the whale be a good fit, but the whale logo on the jersey is not?

Agreed. Flying skate logo for 3rd and get rid of the stick in rink (which looks like it was designed by a 5 yr old).

Long live the orca whale! But please get rid of the 'Vancouver' above the whale.