The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Garrison in a Canucks jersey + signing autographs at Canucks Hockey School

Guy seems like he'll fit in perfectly here - great off ice guy, great on the ice, great leader, and great player...not to mention he's from here.

You can just tell his soul is at ease playing for his hometown basically; seems like he's letting it soak in still and I don't blame him - not every day you get to play for a home city which is the best organization in the league.

I'm really really hoping garrison is going to play here like he did in florida last year. He seems like complete class and has been involved in everything he can be since he got here and he hasn't even played a game yet. I really like what he has been doing off the ice, I hope it shows on the ice too.

The kid must be feeling like hes on cloud 9 right now. Its like Hamhuis. Its great that we got some BC boys. I think players play better for their hometown. Bring some more in :D Load them up! I hope the season starts in September.

Mind you this year schedule sucks, I wish that was on the agenda again...ugh

I'm looking forward to our defense this season.

Garrison is a shut-down defenseman with good offensive ability.

Similar to Hamhuis, I think they could form a solid shut down pairing.

The regular season is a time to experiment, since we are almost a lock to make the playoffs.

We don't need to win another P.Trophy or finish first in the west.

Hamhuis - Garrison (20 Mins - #1PK - shut down minutes. Garrison plays 1st PP as well)

Ballard - Bieksa (20 Mins - #2PP - balanced offensive and defensive time.)

Edler - Tanev (20 Mins - Edler plays 1st PP - balanced offensive and defensive time.)

Don't have to get caught up in pairing 1,2,3. It's just three defensive pairs that can play in any situation, but when we need to protect a one goal lead with 30 seconds left we throw out Hammer and Garrison.

I'm looking forward to our defense this season.

Garrison is a shut-down defenseman with good offensive ability.

Similar to Hamhuis, I think they could form a solid shut down pairing.

The regular season is a time to experiment, since we are almost a lock to make the playoffs.

We don't need to win another P.Trophy or finish first in the west.

Hamhuis - Garrison (20 Mins - #1PK - shut down minutes. Garrison plays 1st PP as well)

Ballard - Bieksa (20 Mins - #2PP - balanced offensive and defensive time.)

Edler - Tanev (20 Mins - Edler plays 1st PP - balanced offensive and defensive time.)

Don't have to get caught up in pairing 1,2,3. It's just three defensive pairs that can play in any situation, but when we need to protect a one goal lead with 30 seconds left we throw out Hammer and Garrison.

With all the community work our team does, I still wonder how we get the rep as the most hated team in the league..

I know every team in the NHL does community work, but it still makes me wonder why the Canucks' image is so tarnished. I don't think it's still the whole best team in the league thing anymore since we proved we clearly weren't this year or if the hate from 2011 has still carried on..

Onto Garrison. I was happy when I saw him with Manny at the Pride Parade, and only a couple of days later he's at Canucks Hockey School signing autographs. He's definitely the kind of guy you want to see a part of the organization. He's going to be a fan favourite real soon. I'm so glad he signed here, it's a dream for him and for the fans as well.

Archived