Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Go Faulk Yourself

The Upcoming Season

19 posts in this topic

What upcoming season??? I hope you're a basketball fan.

Thanks for posting your interests/concerns for the up-coming season, and please try and ignore the "turds-that-troll" these boards .. they seldom have anything positive to say, but they do help keep the average I.Q. of this site below the Provincial norm ..

I, too am interested in the 5 players you are keen on, and would add Ballard and Malhotra to the discussion as well ..

I wonder what Garrison can bring to the table. It's a crying shame Kesler wont be back till december, wont get going for about a month, but will kick in around the stretch.

I'm interested to see what Schroeder can do this season. He hasn't really put up good numbers in the AHL, but who knows, he has the potential to show us the skill our 2nd line lacks and maybe he can produce with Booth and Kesler on his wing.

Pre-season, albeit it all starts on time is only just over a month away, and I for one am very excited to witness the upcoming season, as from the looks of it, it's going to be not only a huge one for our organization, but one that will be also both interesting and fun to watch.

Cory Schnieder:

It will be this man's first season as a starter, and after being well developed through the AHL and given big and crucial games to test him and give him the experience and confidence he needed to take his place as a starter in the NHL.

This will without a doubt be my #1 player to watch on our team, many say he will falter, and I don't quite see the reason why. Here's to hoping he proves many wrong and comes out as strong as he went out at the end of last season.

I'm interested to see what Schroeder can do this season. He hasn't really put up good numbers in the AHL, but who knows, he has the potential to show us the skill our 2nd line lacks and maybe he can produce with Booth and Kesler on his wing.

If there is an NHL season and not a lockout, I would also look forward to see Schneider play as a starter and see if he can still play while the pressure is on him in Vancity. But what I really think we need is a solid back-up goalie, that way Schneider doesn't have to play around 75+ games with all fatigue in his first year as a starter. But I really have a feeling he will have a great 2 months at the start of the season. :)

Thanks for your input, and yes, I've read alot on these forums so I do understand who won't really add more to the thread than that of what I've started.

I do agree as well, with Malholtra and Ballard, and may I say I would've liked to add Booth to that mix, for this season he is ready to have the chemistry he tried to build last year and put it to good use this year.

Personally I feel our whole team will be exciting this year, but I felt like just listing a few "Top Dogs".

Thanks for the good read.

I would also add Lapierre, Ballard and Malhotra to the list.

Lapierre will get a chance to move up if we don't sign Arnott. Lapierre has shown that he can play a bigger role than a 4th line centre.

I also want to see if the Sedins up their play this year. They have shown that they can be 100 pt players so I hope that they can rebound this season.

Malhotra should be back at centre even if he is only on the 4th line. It would be great if he could steal his 3rd line centre spot back.

I think that Ballard will be traded if Garrison is that #4 dman who can play with Edler. The knock on Ballard is his contract size which is too high for a 3rd pairing dman.

I hope that there is not a lockout again this year. If there is, I hope Bettman loses his job (hmmmm actually I hope loses his job no matter what happens).

I am really excited to see Schneider as a starter and don't see the rush to aquire a backup. We have the best backup in the game until Luongo is traded. If Luo starts the season in a backup role, there is going to be huge pressure on Schneider to get it done because he knows that Luo just might take #1 back. Schneider will have to learn to handle the pressure early which will make him even better when the playoffs arrive.

GOOD POST

the most exciting thing for the canucks this upcoming season is the goalie situation.

- will we trade for a top nhl player that can help us win now

- will we get prospects for the future

- will luuuu out play cory and keep his job

- will cory outplay lu

- will MG decide to keep em both and play them as a tandem

Mason Raymond:

Not much needs to be said for Raymond, who has failed to impress from his 28 goal season back in 2009-10, and is continuously falling downhill from that marker.

I find that if I canna be optimistic about the players and Team as a whole, then I am wasting my precious time following this team .. it is a good thing to look forward to this season with hope .. I am excited about our team going forward .. other than the Messier era, I have always awaited the seasons start filled with optimism .. we should be thankful for the last few seasons, and all the success we have had, despite no Cup as yet .. to paraphrase an old axiom .. for something to have true worth, one must be strive for it .. :canucks:

jenson should be on the list as well, this kid looks to be ready for a solid try on the roster