The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think Jason Garrison will beat Adrian Aucoin's record for most goals as a Canuck Defenseman? (23g)

Franz Liszt

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will Garrison beat, tie or even come close to Aucoin's production? Definately maybe, or maybe not.

Who figured Aucoin for 20+ goals in a season. Not me. And he did it on a pretty crappy team, as I recall.

Garrison has the potential to score lots of goals. He will (likely) be playing with the Sedin line and Edler, and he'll (probably) get lots of power play time. It would appear that he will get lots of opportunities to score.

It has been pointed out that Garrison's goal production dropped in the second half of the season as the opposition keyed on his shot. True enough, however, if the opposition power play is that focused on Garrison then it should leave lots of room for the other Canuck players on the ice. Garrison did get something like six assists in the last twenty games of last year. Not huge, but it was about a third of his assists.

I suspect that when he isn't putting in goals he has a very good chance of getting assists, with which I'd also be pretty okay.

regards,

G.

i dont know...i hope so but i dont know. the canucks still lack a puck carrying defencemen...aka the brian campbell who would carry the puck out of his zone and then feed it to garrison.

yes i know the sedins can carry on the PP, but that all depends on which pairing and line garrison plays on. if he is on the second pairing with say edler...most likely he would see a lot of playing time with maybe what the second line? kesler/booth like to shoot.

i just dont know how this season will pan out. only time will tell

ehrhoff had 14 goals and he had a heck of a shot. i say garrison gets around there...13-17

The whole "Campbell inflated his stats" idea is hilarious. So apparently Campbell just has these magical d-to-d passes that can't be replicated on this team?

Are you guys kidding? The Twins and Eddie can pas just as well.

The whole point, really, is that 16 goals will be hard to replicate no matter what, even if he was playing with Campbell.

While it's not entirely impossible for it to happen, it will depend a lot on how much powerplay time Garrison gets. It's not unfathomable that he will score many goals, but hitting 23 goals is a bit of a stretch for anybody.

Garrison of course has a chance to do it, but realistically he most likely won't.

Why not? With the Sedins assisting him and such I think with his production of points in FLA could very well increase in Vancouver. We got one of the strongest power plays in the league why wouldn't his bomb be more effective here? I vote yes, though it's only in speculation.

Actually its 13 of his sixteen came before Febuary not January. He had 3 goals in the last 29 games (Feb - April). In those last 29 games he also got 9 as. Which means in his previous 53 games he had only 8 as.

So when defences started to collapse on him or try to block his shot, HE adapted and started dishing off to the open man. His shot % is still 2nd best in the entire NHL for a defenceman.

I think he'll be up there in points with Bieksa and Hamhuis and Edler, but I don't think that he will hit that many goals. Though, it is always hard to say as he is now playing on a better team, and with us having one of the best power plays in the league, he might get some more opportunities to unleash his bomb. Though, he is playing a lesser role in Vancouver than he would be in Florida as we have our big three defensemen, so he is now a fourth (or second pairing) instead of a first pairing defensemen. But, I think he is a great addition to our team and I think he might elevate his play now that he is playing at home. We shall have to wait and see him play though. Only time will tell!

Archived