The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sick & Tired of Gillis "Won't Sign Anyone For More Than The Sedins Make" Mentality

Pasific Coluseum

Sorry but this is the kind of attitude that keeps a franchise from winning the Stanley Cup. I get that the Sedins signed for below market value but that was their choice. What I'm saying is if we can sign Doan for 6.5-7.5 range then we absolutely pull the trigger. We're in prime position to win a Stanley Cup and if it means shelling out big bucks for a player who will put you over the top then its a no brainer!

We have owners who aren't frugal and will spend to the cap limit. We have cap space and will have even more once Raymond, Ballard & Luongo are traded. Seriously, I would sign Doan for 7.5 even if it was a long term deal 3-4 years. By then our window will be closed and our team won't be competitive.

These hail mary signings like Marc Andre Gragnani, Alexander Mallet, Guillaime Desbiens are plugs and won't do anything to make an impact in the playoffs.

We missed out on Parise, Van Rymsdyk, Sutter, Webber, Nash, Jagr, Whitney, Jokinen, Shultz, Penner, Hedjuk, Selanne

We landed Jason Garrison. Thats it!

Weber*, unless you mean Mike Webber, but seriously all you do is rant. You do nothing but bad.

You want GMMG to go out and throw out money at everyone? How did that go for Buffalo and Leino, or Gomez and NYR.

For all we know, Doan might not even play well.

Do you honestly believe MG thinks that way? That's just a cover. He won't sign average players to higher salaries than the Sedins. He will most definitely sign elite players to contracts bigger than the Sedins. I'm quite sure he'd throw huge money at Weber, but philly screwed that up with their offersheet that the Predators were obviously going to match.

I think we should trade luongo and put schinder in net because i think that luongo is starting to lose his skills and schinder really plays the puck good. Also, if we can put henrik on thePK that should stop some power plays and then that could help us win the cup.

Sorry but this is the kind of attitude that keeps a franchise from winning the Stanley Cup. I get that the Sedins signed for below market value but that was their choice. What I'm saying is if we can sign Doan for 6.5-7.5 range then we absolutely pull the trigger. We're in prime position to win a Stanley Cup and if it means shelling out big bucks for a player who will put you over the top then its a no brainer!

We have owners who aren't frugal and will spend to the cap limit. We have cap space and will have even more once Raymond, Ballard & Luongo are traded. Seriously, I would sign Doan for 7.5 even if it was a long term deal 3-4 years. By then our window will be closed and our team won't be competitive.

These hail mary signings like Marc Andre Gragnani, Alexander Mallet, Guillaime Desbiens are plugs and won't do anything to make an impact in the playoffs.

We missed out on Parise, Van Rymsdyk, Sutter, Webber, Nash, Jagr, Whitney, Jokinen, Shultz, Penner, Hedjuk, Selanne

We landed Jason Garrison. Thats it!

i really want gilis to pick up a play that would be good on offence because without playing alittle offence sometimes you can get stuck into that defence roll that happends to so many players. look at kesler he like to play his d on the rush but when he gets the puck he doesnt shoot it enough

i really want gilis to pick up a play that would be good on offence because without playing alittle offence sometimes you can get stuck into that defence roll that happends to so many players. look at kesler he like to play his d on the rush but when he gets the puck he doesnt shoot it enough

Archived