Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Sick & Tired of Gillis "Won't Sign Anyone For More Than The Sedins Make" Mentality

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#31 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Do know something called cap space?

And which teams have more than two of those players? :picard:

BTW, you know we're still in the Doan hunt right?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#32 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

We just drafted Mallet and he thinks that he's a plug and we shouldn't have signed him. What a guy.

Not sure if OP knows anything called depth players that every team needs.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#33 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Sorry but this is the kind of attitude that keeps a franchise from winning the Stanley Cup. I get that the Sedins signed for below market value but that was their choice. What I'm saying is if we can sign Doan for 6.5-7.5 range then we absolutely pull the trigger. We're in prime position to win a Stanley Cup and if it means shelling out big bucks for a player who will put you over the top then its a no brainer!

We have owners who aren't frugal and will spend to the cap limit. We have cap space and will have even more once Raymond, Ballard & Luongo are traded. Seriously, I would sign Doan for 7.5 even if it was a long term deal 3-4 years. By then our window will be closed and our team won't be competitive.

These hail mary signings like Marc Andre Gragnani, Alexander Mallet, Guillaime Desbiens are plugs and won't do anything to make an impact in the playoffs.

We missed out on Parise, Van Rymsdyk, Sutter, Webber, Nash, Jagr, Whitney, Jokinen, Shultz, Penner, Hedjuk, Selanne

We landed Jason Garrison. Thats it!

Posted Image
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#34 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,133 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

We just drafted Mallet and he thinks that he's a plug and we shouldn't have signed him. What a guy.

Not sure if OP knows anything called depth players that every team needs.

OP probably doesn't even know what Country he is in.

Posted Image

#35 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Sorry but this is the kind of attitude that keeps a franchise from winning the Stanley Cup. I get that the Sedins signed for below market value but that was their choice. What I'm saying is if we can sign Doan for 6.5-7.5 range then we absolutely pull the trigger. We're in prime position to win a Stanley Cup and if it means shelling out big bucks for a player who will put you over the top then its a no brainer!

We have owners who aren't frugal and will spend to the cap limit. We have cap space and will have even more once Raymond, Ballard & Luongo are traded. Seriously, I would sign Doan for 7.5 even if it was a long term deal 3-4 years. By then our window will be closed and our team won't be competitive.

These hail mary signings like Marc Andre Gragnani, Alexander Mallet, Guillaime Desbiens are plugs and won't do anything to make an impact in the playoffs.

We missed out on Parise, Van Rymsdyk, Sutter, Webber, Nash, Jagr, Whitney, Jokinen, Shultz, Penner, Hedjuk, Selanne

We landed Jason Garrison. Thats it!

Yes lets blow up the team long term (bc you realize throwing money around in a cap world means choices later?) bc winning the pres trophy two years running, going to the cup finals 2 years ago, being considered in the top 5 for winning the cup for the past 5 years just isn't acceptable.

you know what kid, just because mommy gave you a ribbon for failing doesn't mean you get everything you want in this life just bec you say you want it.

you're clearly gen y, narcistic, entitlement attitude etc, why don't you go ask mommy for a new bmw little brat.

no team can win the cup every year, all you can ask for is excitement, entertainment, and a good shot, we have that, be thankful you don't have to watch the leafs, columbus, the islanders, etc etc...

grow up

Edited by ABurrows14, 09 August 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#36 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Yes lets blow up the team long term (bc you realize throwing money around in a cap world means choices later?) bc winning the pres trophy two years running, going to the cup finals 2 years ago, being considered in the top 5 for winning the cup for the past 5 years just isn't acceptable.

you know what kid, just because mommy gave you a ribbon for failing doesn't mean you get everything you want in this life just bec you say you want it.

you're clearly gen y, narcistic, entitlement attitude etc, why don't you go ask mommy for a new bmw little brat.

no team can win the cup every year, all you can ask for is excitement, entertainment, and a good shot, we have that, be thankful you don't have to watch the leafs, columbus, the islanders, etc etc...

grow up

You realize you're just giving the troll what he wants, right?

#37 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

Remember when we signed Sundin and how much we had to overpay? Yeah....

307mg00.jpg

#38 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Everyone is talkin' like a deal is off the table.

Is Gillis supposed to jump at the first asking price? I didn't know so many guys in here were authorities on NHL business deals. :sadno: Was it even an official asking price? I heard rumor.

Either way, Doan could still end up a Canuck.
Maybe Stanley is more important to some players than cash is.
He definately wouldn't go around stating that opinion or else his superstar agent wouldn't be able to get him a good price.

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#39 Green Goblin

Green Goblin

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

The most I'd pay Doan is Kesler money. I wouldn't even consider giving him a penny more than 5 mil for 3 years per. Or a 1 year 6-6.5mil deal. I know a number of teams have offered significantly more so I highly doubt Doan signs here UNLESS he's a true hockey player and takes advantage of a great opportunity for the Cup with the Canucks. He was also a -8 last season which was his first negative plus/minus rating since 07' (not a big deal).
Posted Image

#40 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,090 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

grow up

Fixed it

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#41 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Anyone see Batman twice yet?
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#42 brycemeat

brycemeat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

I'm curious how he knows Gillis won't sign anyone to more than what the Sedins make.

What is your source?

#43 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

Anyone see Batman twice yet?

yup. greatest ending of all time.

#44 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#45 Revanbc

Revanbc

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

yup. greatest ending of all time.

i am batman. you are batboy
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/ptparatroopa/billy.jpg[/img]

#46 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,497 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.