The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sick & Tired of Gillis "Won't Sign Anyone For More Than The Sedins Make" Mentality

Pasific Coluseum

Sorry but this is the kind of attitude that keeps a franchise from winning the Stanley Cup. I get that the Sedins signed for below market value but that was their choice. What I'm saying is if we can sign Doan for 6.5-7.5 range then we absolutely pull the trigger. We're in prime position to win a Stanley Cup and if it means shelling out big bucks for a player who will put you over the top then its a no brainer!

We have owners who aren't frugal and will spend to the cap limit. We have cap space and will have even more once Raymond, Ballard & Luongo are traded. Seriously, I would sign Doan for 7.5 even if it was a long term deal 3-4 years. By then our window will be closed and our team won't be competitive.

These hail mary signings like Marc Andre Gragnani, Alexander Mallet, Guillaime Desbiens are plugs and won't do anything to make an impact in the playoffs.

We missed out on Parise, Van Rymsdyk, Sutter, Webber, Nash, Jagr, Whitney, Jokinen, Shultz, Penner, Hedjuk, Selanne

We landed Jason Garrison. Thats it!

Sorry but this is the kind of attitude that keeps a franchise from winning the Stanley Cup. I get that the Sedins signed for below market value but that was their choice. What I'm saying is if we can sign Doan for 6.5-7.5 range then we absolutely pull the trigger. We're in prime position to win a Stanley Cup and if it means shelling out big bucks for a player who will put you over the top then its a no brainer!

We have owners who aren't frugal and will spend to the cap limit. We have cap space and will have even more once Raymond, Ballard & Luongo are traded. Seriously, I would sign Doan for 7.5 even if it was a long term deal 3-4 years. By then our window will be closed and our team won't be competitive.

These hail mary signings like Marc Andre Gragnani, Alexander Mallet, Guillaime Desbiens are plugs and won't do anything to make an impact in the playoffs.

We missed out on Parise, Van Rymsdyk, Sutter, Webber, Nash, Jagr, Whitney, Jokinen, Shultz, Penner, Hedjuk, Selanne

Yes lets blow up the team long term (bc you realize throwing money around in a cap world means choices later?) bc winning the pres trophy two years running, going to the cup finals 2 years ago, being considered in the top 5 for winning the cup for the past 5 years just isn't acceptable.

you know what kid, just because mommy gave you a ribbon for failing doesn't mean you get everything you want in this life just bec you say you want it.

you're clearly gen y, narcistic, entitlement attitude etc, why don't you go ask mommy for a new bmw little brat.

no team can win the cup every year, all you can ask for is excitement, entertainment, and a good shot, we have that, be thankful you don't have to watch the leafs, columbus, the islanders, etc etc...

grow up

Everyone is talkin' like a deal is off the table.

Is Gillis supposed to jump at the first asking price? I didn't know so many guys in here were authorities on NHL business deals. :sadno: Was it even an official asking price? I heard rumor.

Either way, Doan could still end up a Canuck.

Maybe Stanley is more important to some players than cash is.

He definately wouldn't go around stating that opinion or else his superstar agent wouldn't be able to get him a good price.

The most I'd pay Doan is Kesler money. I wouldn't even consider giving him a penny more than 5 mil for 3 years per. Or a 1 year 6-6.5mil deal. I know a number of teams have offered significantly more so I highly doubt Doan signs here UNLESS he's a true hockey player and takes advantage of a great opportunity for the Cup with the Canucks. He was also a -8 last season which was his first negative plus/minus rating since 07' (not a big deal).

Yes lets blow up the team long term (bc you realize throwing money around in a cap world means choices later?) bc winning the pres trophy two years running, going to the cup finals 2 years ago, being considered in the top 5 for winning the cup for the past 5 years just isn't acceptable.

you know what kid, just because mommy gave you a ribbon for failing doesn't mean you get everything you want in this life just bec you say you want it.

you're clearly gen y, narcistic, entitlement attitude etc, why don't you go ask mommy for a new bmw little brat.

no team can win the cup every year, all you can ask for is excitement, entertainment, and a good shot, we have that, be thankful you don't have to watch the leafs, columbus, the islanders, etc etc...

grow up

Archived