Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Proposal] Van-Fla Van-Stl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

If Doan doesn't sign

To Van

Chris Stewart
Patrick Berglund

To St Louis

Jannik Hansen
Mason Raymond
Jordan Schroeder
1st

To Fla

Luongo
Brendan Gaunce
Sauve

To Van

Bjugstad
Keaton Ellerby

Sedin-Sedin-Stewart
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Berglund-Kassian
Lapierre-Malholtra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Tanev/Ellerby-Ballard

Schneider

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#2 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

no thanks on the STL deal (you are overrating Stewart), take out Gaunce in the FLA deal and I'd do it....

also not sure if this occured to you but we kinda sorta need a backup (you need to include a backup in your lines). I think Lack could use a year more in the AHL so signing one of Huet or Ellis would be good.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 canucks10271999

canucks10271999

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

dont trade gaunce

#4 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

also not sure if this occured to you but we kinda sorta need a backup (you need to include a backup in your lines).

In my opinion, the whole point of a proposal are the trades themselves. I would say small details like the backup would be irrelevant, even if overlooked in this case.

To the OP: As far as the trades go, why would we do those trades? Why do we need Stewart when we now have Kassian and Booth? Why Berglund?

The Luongo trade I see as plausible though since Florida is unlikely going to trade Bjugstad without taking a similar player (in this case Gaunce) back.

Edited by The Lock, 09 August 2012 - 08:40 PM.

This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

#5 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

In my opinion, the whole point of a proposal are the trades themselves. I would say small details like the backup would be irrelevant, even if overlooked in this case.

To the OP: As far as the trades go, why would we do those trades? Why do we need Stewart when we now have Kassian and Booth? Why Berglund?

The Luongo trade I see as plausible though since Florida is unlikely going to trade Bjugstad without taking a similar player (in this case Gaunce) back.

Are you guys on Crack? Trade a top ten goalie (and yes I am a Schnieder supporter but also don't undervalue Lou) AND our first round pick for another first round pick and a dman who hasn't played a full season in the NHL?

Umm I think Lou for those two are fair and realistic, not with Gaunce. Fair enough if you thik FLA won't make the trade without it but it doesn't mean the trade makes sense.

#6 Kruger

Kruger

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

St. louis isn't trading Berglund unless its for an upgrade and I doubt they trade Stewart after just signing him.
Can't seee Gillis trading Gaunce right now

#7 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

My body is ready.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

Underpayment in STL trade.
Overpayment in FLA trade.
Posted Image

#8 The Lock

The Lock

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Are you guys on Crack? Trade a top ten goalie (and yes I am a Schnieder supporter but also don't undervalue Lou) AND our first round pick for another first round pick and a dman who hasn't played a full season in the NHL?

Umm I think Lou for those two are fair and realistic, not with Gaunce. Fair enough if you thik FLA won't make the trade without it but it doesn't mean the trade makes sense.

Did I say anywhere I support the STL trade involving the 1st? No I did not.

Also keep in mind, fair value is very subjective. Gillis a couple of years ago traded for Ehrhoff and Lukowich, only giving up minor league players. Normally that would be considered a mutiny but it was the right circumstances. I don't normally comment about these trade proposals because everyone's all about fair market value it seems as opposed to assessing the situation of each team.

In this case we are looking to offload Luongo's long contract. In a case like this, if you can get the assets you want you may need to give away something else with the trade to sweeten the pot. Bjudstad would be harder to pry from Florida and rightfully so.

Edited by The Lock, 10 August 2012 - 09:55 PM.

This thread was really just a figment of your imagination...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.